Pages (2): 1 2   
Scott Miller   07-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I have one for sure and a maybe. The for sure is towards the bottom of page 161 where it says heart instead of heard. The maybe is on page 50 where Jack is reading the intro to Kick and Thompson says that his book speaks to the disadvantaged as well as the vantaged. I have never heard vantage used in this capacity before and I don't know if it's accurate.

Great book so far, my favorite since Gateways.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I have one for sure and a maybe. The for sure is towards the bottom of page 161 where it says heart instead of heard. The maybe is on page 50 where Jack is reading the intro to Kick and Thompson says that his book speaks to the disadvantaged as well as the vantaged. I have never heard vantage used in this capacity before and I don't know if it's accurate.

Hank is a great big redneck at heart. It may not be technically accurate but it has a nice jeff foxworthy ring to it. Wink
Scott Miller   07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Hank is a great big redneck at heart. It may not be technically accurate but it has a nice jeff foxworthy ring to it. Wink

That could be it too, hadn't thought of that.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I have one for sure and a maybe. The for sure is towards the bottom of page 161 where it says heart instead of heard. The maybe is on page 50 where Jack is reading the intro to Kick and Thompson says that his book speaks to the disadvantaged as well as the vantaged. I have never heard vantage used in this capacity before and I don't know if it's accurate.

I spotted a couple of typos myself. As I've described in probably tiresome detail, I'm an old proofreader, alert to these things. It's bizarre. Like all the gang, I read a lot, but I cannot think of another author whose works are so riddled with typos. And it's not just Gauntlet Press--the mm paperbacks too!
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I spotted a couple of typos myself. As I've described in probably tiresome detail, I'm an old proofreader, alert to these things. It's bizarre. Like all the gang, I read a lot, but I cannot think of another author whose works are so riddled with typos. And it's not just Gauntlet Press--the mm paperbacks too!

Ha! There's 2 or 3 proofreaders on the board that'll be wantin' the Bluesman's ass for that one. :eek:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Ha! There's 2 or 3 proofreaders on the board that'll be wantin' the Bluesman's ass for that one. :eek:

Bring 'em on. If my knife doesn't finish 'em, my boots will.:eek:
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Bring 'em on. If my knife doesn't finish 'em, my boots will.:eek:

The thing is you dont know who they are. The Bluesman however is a known quantity and easy to find. Smile
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 11:03 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The thing is you dont know who they are. The Bluesman however is a known quantity and easy to find. Smile

Float like a butterfly
Sting like a bee
You can't hit
What you can't see
--Ali

Seriously, ccos, there are other proofreaders on the board?
ccosborne3   07-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Float like a butterfly
Sting like a bee
You can't hit
What you can't see
--Ali

Seriously, ccos, there are other proofreaders on the board?

Yeah, I think at least two. Neither one of which is me. Probably not KRW either, our English skills are roughly equal.

Everyone else here is a possible proofreader.

Then again Ken's a sly one, he might be faking it to throw you off the trail. Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 11:22 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Yeah, I think at least two. Neither one of which is me. Probably not KRW either, our English skills are roughly equal.

Everyone else here is a possible proofreader.

Then again Ken's a sly one, he might be faking it to throw you off the trail. Wink

No shit? Who are these eagle-eyed souls? And you're right Ken is crafty. He's been leading the FBI and Interpol a merry chase for many a long year.
Pages (2): 1 2