Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Barry Lee Dejasu   07-02-2007, 07:22 AM
From the newsletter (lest any of ye not have received - or read - it):

"6/25 - spoke to the head of production at Beacon. They had a meeting with a hot German director last week that they like a lot."

I know FPW has been sworn to secrecy, etc., but can you at least tell us who the director ISN'T going to be?

Namely...please, please, please tell me it isn't Uwe Boll. And yes, I am mostly joking.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Ken Valentine   07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:From the newsletter (lest any of ye not have received - or read - it):

"6/25 - spoke to the head of production at Beacon. They had a meeting with a hot German director last week that they like a lot."

I know FPW has been sworn to secrecy, etc., but can you at least tell us who the director ISN'T going to be?

Namely...please, please, please tell me it isn't Uwe Boll. And yes, I am mostly joking.

How about Roland Emmerich?

Ken V.
Dave   07-02-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm hoping Tom Tykwer, he did Run Lola Run and more recently Perfume. However he is scheduled to shoot a film this fall already Sad

Alternatively, the director of The Lives of Others (great film) has to be considered the next hottest German director. He did that film very well, great for character, but no idea what his action scenes might look like.

So Tom would be my first choice for the proven action and character, the other dude (whose name I won't even pretend to remember) an exciting second.

Dave
Kenji   07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
German director who can speak English....

[SIZE="5"]Wolfgang Petersen[/SIZE]
Amon   07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
If Uwe Boll manages to get into the director's chair of the RJ film then Rasalom has truly won.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:From the newsletter (lest any of ye not have received - or read - it):

Rumor is, it will be the ghost of Lina Wertmuller. But I think that's just talk.
Lisa   07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I was thinking Roland Emmerich as well. :p
Ken Valentine   07-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Lisa Wrote:I was thinking Roland Emmerich as well. :p
The only movie of his I've ever seen was THE PATRIOT starring Mel Gibson. His was the first -- and only -- name that came to mind.

Ken V.
webby   07-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Kenji Wrote:German director who can speak English....

[SIZE="5"]Wolfgang Petersen[/SIZE]

We should be so lucky! Das Boot is my favorite "foreign" film of all time - an excellent film on many levels.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bones weep tedium   07-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I read ages ago that Wolfgang Peterson was working on a movie version of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, which I am still quite looking forward to.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (3): 1 2 3