Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
Auskar   06-29-2007, 04:56 AM
I just read about the next movie in the Batman series, titled The Dark Knight. I really appreciate that they've returned The Batman to his darker roots as a mean-as-hell vigilante who just hates scumbag crooks. They say the Joker won't be any stupidly-laughing-dancing-to-Prince music, either. He will be darker, too.

Good.
sublime1983   06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Auskar Wrote:I just read about the next movie in the Batman series, titled The Dark Knight. I really appreciate that they've returned The Batman to his darker roots as a mean-as-hell vigilante who just hates scumbag crooks. They say the Joker won't be any stupidly-laughing-dancing-to-Prince music, either. He will be darker, too.

Good.
Yep, Batman Begins was great. I wouldn't mind seeing the Joker be along the lines of the one F. Paul wrote. He was a villain.

They are changing the suit up a little bit, though. IMDb has the pictures up. Looks like he is getting a bike, too.

There was once a man who was all obsessed with the strangest things. Like Nestle Quik, original cdr's and Afro-sheen. He built himself his dome, never left his home, decided life is much better when you're on your own. You might not want my opinion, but he coulda been on to something good.

Josh
Auskar   06-30-2007, 10:14 AM
sublime1983 Wrote:Yep, Batman Begins was great. I wouldn't mind seeing the Joker be along the lines of the one F. Paul wrote. He was a villain.
I like scary Batman. And I think he should always be called "The Batman." Heath Ledger is playing the Joker in "The Dark Knight"...
law dawg   06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
sublime1983 Wrote:Yep, Batman Begins was great. I wouldn't mind seeing the Joker be along the lines of the one F. Paul wrote. He was a villain.

They are changing the suit up a little bit, though. IMDb has the pictures up. Looks like he is getting a bike, too.
FPW wrote about The Joker?

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
BK Akitas   06-30-2007, 05:56 PM
law dawg Wrote:FPW wrote about The Joker?

It was "Definitive Therapy" from Barrens and Others and yeah, it was GREAT.

My daughter likes Batman, has seen all the movies and watches the animated series, and I gotta tell ya, I see shades of the darker, more sinister Joker in some of those episodes. Can't beleive it's Mark Hamil doing the voice.

Are they keepig Christian Bale? I thought he was great in Batman Begins.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Auskar   06-30-2007, 11:15 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:It was "Definitive Therapy" from Barrens and Others and yeah, it was GREAT.

My daughter likes Batman, has seen all the movies and watches the animated series, and I gotta tell ya, I see shades of the darker, more sinister Joker in some of those episodes. Can't beleive it's Mark Hamil doing the voice.

I just watched "Sub-Zero" the other day. A Batman animated short movie with Mr. Freeze, Batgirl, and Robin. It was very well done.

Yes, Christian Bale will be The Batman in The Dark Knight.
law dawg   07-01-2007, 12:52 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:It was "Definitive Therapy" from Barrens and Others and yeah, it was GREAT.

Yeah. I agree. Have you seen the Batman : Return of the Joker movie? OMG! Rocks. VERY dark.

And I'll need to find that FPW Joker story......

Bale is on for round two. For the record he's the best Batman by far.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Kenji   07-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah, Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne so far. I can't imagine once George Clooney played Bruce Wayne.

I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight, too.
Auskar   07-01-2007, 03:12 AM
law dawg Wrote:Yeah. I agree. Have you seen the Batman : Return of the Joker movie? OMG! Rocks. VERY dark.
Yeah, I've seen that, too. I like Harley Quinn. I hope they put her in the live-action movie, though she is a scene-stealer.
BK Akitas   07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Auskar Wrote:Yeah, I've seen that, too. I like Harley Quinn. I hope they put her in the live-action movie, though she is a scene-stealer.

she certainly is, but it would be nice to have her there. yes, I did see ROTJ, and that's exactly was I was thinking of when I wrote the post. in the animated Batman Beyond, the entire tone is much darker and sinsiter than the regular stories. I've found myself sitting and watching them with Bri bc they were so well done- like what became of some of these supervillians later in life (Bri always roots for Ace the BatDog), there was the episode about Splicing (remind you of SIMS?), loads of good story material that a lot of folks don't take seriously since its animated.

LOVING Christian Bale as the Dark Knight, he's the only one so far who has truly managed to get the BW persona and the barely leashed violence of the Bat together for the performance. Sorry George, I love ya honey, but Christian has the role wrapped. But here's a kicker for you- if TPTB were to announce tomorrow they were making the Batman Beyond series into a movie, who would you guys want to see as the older BW/BM and who could play Terry?

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6