Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
ccosborne3   12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I havent heard anything about Batman. Have they redesigned his suit for this film?

I hope they bring back the nipple suit from Batman Forever. They were sexy.
RichE   12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I think doing a cgi/ ala "300" BATMAN would be an interesting idea.
bones weep tedium   12-19-2007, 10:55 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I hope they bring back the nipple suit from Batman Forever. They were sexy.

I seem to remember reading a story that for Batman Begins they actually made a 'nipple suit' for Chrsitian Bale as a joke, but they still put out publicity shots of it. Never seen one though Rolleyes

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
RichE   12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
As much as I like smilin Jack (ans "AS GOOD AS IT GETS" I think is his best film), I always felt his role as The Joker was nothing but Jack playing Jack. This new version of the painted psycho I hope plays it for terror-a real monster ala Dahlmer/Manson.
beowulf   12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
RichE Wrote:As much as I like smilin Jack (ans "AS GOOD AS IT GETS" I think is his best film), I always felt his role as The Joker was nothing but Jack playing Jack. This new version of the painted psycho I hope plays it for terror-a real monster ala Dahlmer/Manson.

Agreed. It seems like Ledger's Joker will take a truly dark look at the Joker. I am really looking forward to this movie.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
mlp   12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:With all this talk of Joker, I havent heard anything about Batman.

Saw the trailer before I am Legend last weekend (same one as linked too a few posts back). Joker filled the screen. I swear I barely got a glimpse of The Dark Knight in that thing. Guess they figured we already know what Christian Bale looks like in a bat suit.
beowulf   12-20-2007, 01:53 AM
mlp Wrote:Saw the trailer before I am Legend last weekend (same one as linked too a few posts back). Joker filled the screen. I swear I barely got a glimpse of The Dark Knight in that thing. Guess they figured we already know what Christian Bale looks like in a bat suit.

The Batsuit is a little too much for me. I know it makes sense to have body armor, but this is a little ridiculous. Reminds me of robocop.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
law dawg   12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
mlp Wrote:Saw the trailer before I am Legend last weekend (same one as linked too a few posts back). Joker filled the screen. I swear I barely got a glimpse of The Dark Knight in that thing. Guess they figured we already know what Christian Bale looks like in a bat suit.
Good clip. It can be seen here: http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

YouTube had a clip from someone who had snuck in a video into a screening of the first six minutes of the movie (taken down now). It was grainy and shaky and still kicked ass. Let's just say when the Joker robs a bank, he robs a bank.

Can't wait for this one.....

Edit to say: found the six minute clip elsewhere.

SPOILERS!!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/userm...t=featured
This post was last modified: 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM by law dawg.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Al-Dog   12-20-2007, 01:12 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:With all this talk of Joker, I havent heard anything about Batman. Have they redesigned his suit for this film?

I was majorly disappointed in Batman Begins that they would go to such lengths rationalizing all of his toys and gadgets, but no one thought it would be handy if he could turn his head around. I find is really hard to believe that a ninja wouldnt need earholes or the ability to turn his head independently from his shoulders.

Even the Adam West Batman could do that!! :eek:
They’ve updated his suit so that he can turn his head. EW had an article about the new suit a couple of months ago.
Schwinn160   12-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Woohoo! First post for me here! Big Grin

The new suit is made of a different material which allows more movement. Although we in the audience couldn't tell, the suit in "Begins" was very easy to tear when Bale moved.

There was an amazing article in Wizard magazine. Looking forward to the movie very much. Mr. Ledger looks like he will do very well.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6