Pages (3):    1 2 3   
cobalt   07-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Hubby and I saw this last night. No spoilers now, but John McClain can sure destroy things and people in very inventive ways. We both loved it and I recommend seeing this one in the theater.......makes the booms better! And I agree with Queen Susan....a digital theater is the ticket.

One scary thought though........the computer age has made us VERY computer dependent. The "effect" is frightening....you could imagine it.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:It's a brand of car battery from Sears.

Big Grin

Ken V.

Well, that too.Wink
Auskar   07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Diehard was originally a made-up word to indicate someone that was sentenced to death by hanging took a while to die. By hanging, they are not talking about getting dropped so that the noose breaks your neck, but just letting you hang there with the noose around your neck until you pretty much strangled to death.

My information comes from the following page, where they give more details:
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/die-hard.html
Marc   07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Saw Die Hard 4 today. While it wasn't as good as the original it was WAY better than the Crapfest known Die Hard With a Vengeance. Over the top... yes. Implausible... yes. Fun and funny... yes. Well worth my $6.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Saw Die Hard 4 today. While it wasn't as good as the original it was WAY better than the Crapfest known Die Hard With a Vengeance. Over the top... yes. Implausible... yes. Fun and funny... yes. Well worth my $6.

$6!? $6!!?? That's what you hombres pay in Chi? Well, fuck me... Here in NYC we pay a =minimum= of 10 smackers. (Not to say RADIOACTIVE VAMPIRE BABES IN HEAT wasn't worth it...)
Auskar   07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:$6!? $6!!?? That's what you hombres pay in Chi? Well, fuck me... Here in NYC we pay a =minimum= of 10 smackers. (Not to say RADIOACTIVE VAMPIRE BABES IN HEAT wasn't worth it...)
I think out here if you go before 4PM you pay something like $6. If you go after that it is $10.
Marc   07-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:$6!? $6!!?? That's what you hombres pay in Chi? Well, fuck me... Here in NYC we pay a =minimum= of 10 smackers. (Not to say RADIOACTIVE VAMPIRE BABES IN HEAT wasn't worth it...)

I went to a matinée in the suburbs.
Kenji   07-09-2007, 10:36 AM

$10?! $10?!?! Bluesman, you won't believe it, but here in Japan we pay $18 for one movie. :eek:
phoenix rising   07-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Hmmmmmmmm....... I mentioned this earlier, but I thought I was the only one who had seen it. It was a great movie, I don't see anyone replacing Bruce. He and Justin Long had great chemistry and of course the writers gave us more of those instant classic lines to go along with Yippie Ki Aie motherf*cker.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Kenji Wrote:$10?! $10?!?! Bluesman, you won't believe it, but here in Japan we pay $18 for one movie. :eek:

$18?! $18??!! Kenji, that's a monstrous sum. Do you at least get some free popcorn? Eighteen bucks...Sad
Pages (3):    1 2 3