RepairmanJack.com Forums
Live Free or Die Hard - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Live Free or Die Hard (/thread-2380.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Live Free or Die Hard - Kenji - 06-22-2007

Today, afternoon, I'm going to a theatre see "Live Free or Die Hard" (aka: "DIE HARD 4.0). Check this.

http://www.blinkx.com/burl?v=RAF_-uH2D1zfy0LlRa7i1TgH9ZeLd8_j

I guess some people(well, almost everybody) haven't interest to this sequel. But I was waiting for this one for a long time. "DIE HARD 3" wasn't good(at least, for me). I hope this "4.0" is better than "3".

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf**ker!" [Image: fighting0023.gif]

Live Free or Die Hard - SickThing - 06-23-2007

I loved the first movie, but with each subsequent film, they've gone too far.

Pretty much everything that happened in Die Hard was realistic. Unlikely, yes, but within the realm of possibility.

The ads for the new movie are full of scenes that are so far over the top, I just have to roll my eyes. "Killing" the helicopter with the car, ducking between the cars and miraculously avoiding the car flipping through the air, etc.

The Indiana Jones movies had the same problem. Raiders of the Lost Ark had some far-fetched action scenes, but everything seemed plausible. Temple of Doom started out so over the top with the dining room scene, but when they fell out of the plane in the raft, landed on the mountain, and slid down, it was just ridiculously over the top and lost me.

Suspending disbelief is fun. But most action films these days just require entirely too much suspension. The exception: the Bourne movies.

Hunter

Live Free or Die Hard - Kenji - 06-23-2007

Just now I returned from a theatre. Well......[SIZE="5"]IT WAS GREAT![/SIZE] It was better than "Die Hard3". Big Grin

This time, his enemies are cyber terrorists. Their purpose is "Firesale". John McClane is cuckoo clock who live in a digital watch's world. So how he fight with cyber terrorists? The answer is......well, see this movie.

Bruce Willis is now 52, but still okay to hard action movie. He's just older. Timothy Olyphant played sneaky terrorist leader. But he can't defeat Alan Rickman. Alan Rickman was the best bad guy in this series! Justin Long played hacker. He reminded me of Wyatt Gillette in "The Blue Nowhere"(but that's another story).

And, there is another character, Warlock. If you checked about "Die Hard 4.0" in imdb, you'll see who's playing Warlock. Once he played Silent Bob. Now you know who he is! Big Grin

Live Free or Die Hard - Kenji - 06-23-2007

SickThing Wrote:I loved the first movie, but with each subsequent film, they've gone too far.

Well, so you should check this "4.0". This got back to basics. Cool

Quote:Pretty much everything that happened in Die Hard was realistic. Unlikely, yes, but within the realm of possibility.

"Die Hard" series are fictional movies. All scenes are (almost) impossible. But, hey, this is entertainment. Just sit in a seat, enjoy the movie. Wink

Quote:The ads for the new movie are full of scenes that are so far over the top, I just have to roll my eyes. "Killing" the helicopter with the car, ducking between the cars and miraculously avoiding the car flipping through the air, etc.

"Killing the helicopter with the car" is just "one" example. You'll get surprise more!

Quote:The Indiana Jones movies had the same problem. Raiders of the Lost Ark had some far-fetched action scenes, but everything seemed plausible. Temple of Doom started out so over the top with the dining room scene, but when they fell out of the plane in the raft, landed on the mountain, and slid down, it was just ridiculously over the top and lost me.

They are another entertainment movies. Far-fetched? Ridiculous? Yes they are. But sometimes I like far-fetched and ridiculous movies. Big Grin

Quote:Suspending disbelief is fun. But most action films these days just require entirely too much suspension. The exception: the Bourne movies.

Hunter

I like the Bourne movies,too. They are great and I'm looking forward to "The Bourne Ultimatum". Smile

Live Free or Die Hard - Maggers - 06-24-2007

SickThing Wrote:...The exception: the Bourne movies.

Hunter

They've been filming the latest Bourne movie all over my Upper East side neighborhood over the last few months, including in front of my building. I've had some Damon sitings. I'm looking forward to seeing the next Bourne installment as I agree the Bourne movies are good.

Live Free or Die Hard - Susan - 07-02-2007

No spoilers...

OMG! It was awesome! Almost as good as the original Die Hard. It kicks the other sequels in the nuts.

The chase scenes and fight scenes are terrific. I enjoyed it immensely. Exceeded my expectations by a mile.

So if you like action movies, go see this! I recommend a digital theater, it makes all the difference in the world.

I should add that the action scenes are over the top. If you're looking for realism, this is not the movie for you.

Susan

Live Free or Die Hard - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-02-2007

Kenji Wrote:Today, afternoon, I'm going to a theatre see "Live Free or Die Hard" (aka: "DIE HARD 4.0). Check this.

http://www.blinkx.com/burl?v=RAF_-uH2D1zfy0LlRa7i1TgH9ZeLd8_j

I guess some people(well, almost everybody) haven't interest to this sequel. But I was waiting for this one for a long time. "DIE HARD 3" wasn't good(at least, for me). I hope this "4.0" is better than "3".

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf**ker!" [Image: fighting0023.gif]

What's the origin of the phrase, "die hard?" The Indian Mutiny, maybe? A hard-pressed detachment of British troops about to be overwhelmed, their captain roaring, "Die hard, men!"?

Live Free or Die Hard - Ken Valentine - 07-03-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What's the origin of the phrase, "die hard?" The Indian Mutiny, maybe? A hard-pressed detachment of British troops about to be overwhelmed, their captain roaring, "Die hard, men!"?

It's a brand of car battery from Sears.

Big Grin

Ken V.

Live Free or Die Hard - Auskar - 07-03-2007

I agree with Kenji and Susan. Good movie. I liked the first one, but not the second two. I like the fourth one quite a bit. I'll say no more except that I rarely recommend movies and I recommend this one.

Live Free or Die Hard - bkwormonthenet - 07-04-2007

I saw this movie on July 2nd, and I agree -- it was great. It was exponentially better than Die Hard With A Vengence (DH3).

On a related subject brought up here, it seems I am one of the few people that really loved Die Hard 2: Die Harder instead of just liking it. Probably has something to do with the fact that I saw Die Hard 2 BEFORE I saw the first film, though!

Sean
bkwormonthenet