Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Kenji   12-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Finally....today I AM LEGEND will start in the Japanese movie theatres!

Today I took a paid vacation. Big Grin
RichE   12-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Kenji Wrote:I saw both films, and I prefer "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH". That was exactly "The LAST Man.......".

I liked "Omega Man". In fact, the idea from that film was used in this film I understand.
Kenji   12-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Just a little while ago I got back from a theatre. And......can you imagine what I'll say about this movie? It's...

[SIZE="7"]F**kin' brilliant!!![/SIZE]

Stand up and go to a theatre. It won't disappoint you.

The vampire's features are creepier than I imagined. Scary!

Akiva Goldsman's adaptation was excellent. It was not like "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH" or "OMEGA MAN". The screenplay of "I AM LEGEND" was a little bit different from original, but it was okay to me. The time is 2007, not 1954 or 1971. It need revision of background. Wink

Will Smith as Robert Neville, his performance was good. Sometimes I felt touching moments from his performance.
RichE   12-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Sounds cool! I'll check it out for myself. Thanks Bud!!
Mike Hanson   12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Checked it out this morning during one of my traditional
weekend movie outings (the first show of the day is always
the cheapest).

I AM LEGEND is surprisingly even-paced, and at times
restrained (unlike the majority of Will Smith's movies).

Smith's focused performance of soldier-scientist Robert
Neville is angst-ridden, intense, and highly probable.

It is ultimately during the Final Act of the film that logic
and rationality are overwhelmed with a ridiculous and
even bizarre injection of cliched spiritual hope.

A more detailed review is available in the blog at my
website.

I give I AM LEGEND, THREE out of five cans of diet
cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Mike out
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Holy crap...

I loved the movie, and I expected it to do a fair $26 million or so...but $76.5 MILLION IN THREE DAYS?! Holy crap! Couple that with the snowstorms wrecking the northeast with the fact that if said snowstorms weren't there, it would have made even MORE...and you have the biggest December opening EVER, the biggest grosser for Will Smith, and hopefully there will be more than just that one TV spot blurbing "Oscar-Worthy" for the movie - because in all seriousness, I think that at LEAST Will Smith deserves the Oscar for Best Actor. He's always been great, but damn, he was AMAZING in this.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Kenji   12-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Holy crap...

I loved the movie, and I expected it to do a fair $26 million or so...but $76.5 MILLION IN THREE DAYS?! Holy crap! Couple that with the snowstorms wrecking the northeast with the fact that if said snowstorms weren't there, it would have made even MORE...and you have the biggest December opening EVER, the biggest grosser for Will Smith, and hopefully there will be more than just that one TV spot blurbing "Oscar-Worthy" for the movie - because in all seriousness, I think that at LEAST Will Smith deserves the Oscar for Best Actor. He's always been great, but damn, he was AMAZING in this.

I agree with you, Barry! Big Grin
The Mad American   12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Holy crap...

I agree completely with you Barry. Will Smith is awesome in this and I too think he at the very least deserves oscar mention.

Spoilers abound below............

I loved this movie and to tell you the truth I really disliked the hollywood happy/hopeful ending.

The movie to me seemed to be much more about the break down of the Robert Neville character and less an action packed monster movie (although that part was very good too).

At the start of the movie the scenes with the mannaquins seems quirky and humorous but as the movie progresses you see that its not humorous at all. And you see the depths of Nevilles depression and disconnect from reality. Particularly the scene with the trap that was set and the scene in the video store after he loses Sam....heartwrenching seems too mild a word.

This movie really stuck with me too, I saw it Friday night and couldn't get it out of my head all weekend. Smith is really really really good in it. And to think when I heard they were remaking it with Will Smith playing Neville I thought it was a bad idea.

I will echo Kenji, F***ing brilliant!

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Kenji   12-17-2007, 10:55 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I will echo Kenji, F***ing brilliant!

Yes!!! Wink Big Grin
wdg3rd   12-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Saw it with La Esposa earlier this evening. Absolutely crap script. The only thing that makes it not as bad as The Omega Man is that Will Smith is a hell of a lot better actor than Charlton Heston ever was and consistently pulls diamonds out of the muck some scriptwriters produce.

I think the script was written by somebody who had The Omega Man described to him by somebody who slept through most of it. Definitely no awareness of the novel or the Vincent Price movie.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Pages (3):    1 2 3