Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Kenji   06-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay, let me say one thing. At first, I didn't intend to see this movie. Will Smith is Robert Neville? C'mon! Are you serious? Who the hell is a casting director?

But today I saw the trailer. Then I realized I was wrong. This movie will be great flick! The opening is December? Oh, man! I can't wait!

I Am Legend:trailer

I wish Richard Matheson get more well-known in Japan by this movie. Smile
phoenix rising   06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
That looks seriously cool, I just hope the movie can live up to the trailer. So any movies disappointed me....like Hero......
Kenji   06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
phoenix rising Wrote:That looks seriously cool, I just hope the movie can live up to the trailer. So any movies disappointed me....like Hero......

Hero? Jet Li's action movie? It disappointed you? How? :confused:
phoenix rising   06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Kenji Wrote:Hero? Jet Li's action movie? It disappointed you? How? :confused:

Well, the way it was publisized over here made it out to be something completely different from the actual story line, I had a whole different mindset when watchng it and was completely disappointed. They only showed perhaps a quarter of what was really going on, having one expect one man fighting off an army, not what was actually going on.....
jacobm   06-08-2007, 09:36 PM
wasn't Vincent Price in a version of this back in the 50's?
Ken Valentine   06-09-2007, 02:31 AM
jacobm Wrote:wasn't Vincent Price in a version of this back in the 50's?

Yes.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, but it was 1964, and the characters name was changed to Dr. Robert Morgan.

Also THE OMEGA MAN in 1971 with Charlton Heston as Robert Neville.

Ken V.
Kenji   06-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Yes.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, but it was 1964, and the characters name was changed to Dr. Robert Morgan.

Also THE OMEGA MAN in 1971 with Charlton Heston as Robert Neville.

Ken V.

I saw both films, and I prefer "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH". That was exactly "The LAST Man.......".
Auskar   06-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Kenji Wrote:I saw both films, and I prefer "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH". That was exactly "The LAST Man.......".
I didn't realize that those movies were supposed to be screen adaptations of "I am Legend."
jimbow8   06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
A friend of mine wrote a "script" for I Am Legend a long time ago, which just happened to star Will Smith (I think he wrote this before the movie project - not sure). Quite humorous:

I Am Legend

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:A friend of mine wrote a "script" for I Am Legend a long time ago, which just happened to star Will Smith (I think he wrote this before the movie project - not sure). Quite humorous:

I Am Legend

If only a true master of the genre--Michael Mann, say--got his mitts on the project...:eek:
Pages (3): 1 2 3