Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Kenji   06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:From the Mars episode of Futurama

[Time Lapse. They reach a cliff and look over the edge.]

Zapp: Behold: The Great Stone Face of Mars.

Fry: Hm.

Zapp: The only known entrance to the Martian reservation.

Leela: What about the Great Stone Ass of Mars?

Zapp: Well, yeah, but it's way over the other side of the planet.

I've never seen Futurama, so I checked it in imdb. It looks like The Simpsons. Smile
Kenji   06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That might have been unwise, pal Kenji. Not sure we can protect you anymore...

Aw, no! Did I say something wrong? :eek:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Kenji Wrote:Aw, no! Did I say something wrong? :eek:

Not at all, pal Kenji! It's just that certain, uh, can't say =people=, really, =entities,= perhaps, =do not like= casual reference made. Ain't that right, Boss Rasa--NO! PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE, DR. ROMA--I DIDN'T MEAN NOTHING BAD!
jimbow8   06-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Kenji Wrote:I've never seen Futurama, so I checked it in imdb. It looks like The Simpsons. Smile
It is made by the same guy who made The Simpsons, Matt Groening. I actually like it a lot more than the Simpsons. You should check it out, Kenji.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:It is made by the same guy who made The Simpsons, Matt Groening. I actually like it a lot more than the Simpsons. You should check it out, Kenji.

I'll second that Kenji, Bender is probably the best character ever created. (but Stuie on "The Family Guy" is a close second)
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
KRW Wrote:I'll second that Kenji, Bender is probably the best character ever created. (but Stuie on "The Family Guy" is a close second)

Better than Ben Grimm??
KRW   06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Better than Ben Grimm??

Was he in the "Billy Goats Gruff"?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
KRW Wrote:Was he in the "Billy Goats Gruff"?

Ah...no. Not to my knowledge, anyway.
jimbow8   06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Better than Ben Grimm??
Ben What? What Grimm? What What?!?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Ben What? What Grimm? What What?!?

You know who I mean, Jim! Ah-ma talkin' 'bout the =strong man= of the FF! Certainly the most appealing character in comics...and for my money, one of the most interesting in =any= lit'rature.
Pages (3):    1 2 3