IrishKKC   05-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Hello all I am new here and have been trying to get on here for awhile. I just recently got back into reading via Dean Koontz. I then saw that he as well as Stephen King highly recommended an author I have never heard of. F. Paul Wilson and my life has changed since. It started with The Tomb and i just Finished Reborn after reading all RJ novels and The Adversary Cycle up until Reprisal which I am searching for at local book stores. No luck yet but I know I will find it soon. Anyways, I check a website all the time now after finding out RJ The Movie had been in the works for a long time. At Comingsoon.net, if you type in Repairman Jack it says that director Douglas Aarniokoski, whom collaborates with Robert Rodriguez, has been signed to helm the project. Any truth to that? And for my two cents, I have always pictured Jack as John Cusack or a ripped Adam Sandler. I feel they both have the humor that can be attributed to Jack's character. Also, another actor that comes to mind is Justin Theroux. He is a good actor even though he was in Charlies Angels 2. Yes I was EXTREMELY bored that day.
Auskar   05-29-2007, 03:02 AM
IrishKKC Wrote:At Comingsoon.net, if you type in Repairman Jack it says that director Douglas Aarniokoski, whom collaborates with Robert Rodriguez, has been signed to helm the project. Any truth to that?
Not that I am the most up-to-date person on all this stuff, but I believe that is dated information, from three years ago. Aarnioski's first film as director will be the new Resident Evil movie, which doesn't look that great in the previews (but I'll still go see it at the theater, anyway, just because it is Resident Evil).
bones weep tedium   05-29-2007, 05:38 AM
It doesnt look like it has much to do with Resident Evil at all, from what I've seen.

I'm surprised to hear you calling it Resident Evil, by the way. I was under the impression that the franchise the UK knows as Resident Evil was called Biohazard in the US. Are the games called Resident Evil in America too? :confused:
Auskar   05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:It doesnt look like it has much to do with Resident Evil at all, from what I've seen.

I'm surprised to hear you calling it Resident Evil, by the way. I was under the impression that the franchise the UK knows as Resident Evil was called Biohazard in the US. Are the games called Resident Evil in America too? :confused:
Resident Evil is called BioHazard in Japan, not the USA. Here it is called Resident Evil. Don't buy anything from the Umbrella Corporation.
bones weep tedium   05-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Auskar Wrote:Resident Evil is called BioHazard in Japan, not the USA. Here it is called Resident Evil. Don't buy anything from the Umbrella Corporation.

......aaah, gotcha. Cheers, Auskar. Smile
KRW   05-30-2007, 12:08 AM
IrishKKC Wrote:Hello all I am new here and have been trying to get on here for awhile. I just recently got back into reading via Dean Koontz. I then saw that he as well as Stephen King highly recommended an author I have never heard of. F. Paul Wilson and my life has changed since. It started with The Tomb and i just Finished Reborn after reading all RJ novels and The Adversary Cycle up until Reprisal which I am searching for at local book stores. No luck yet but I know I will find it soon. Anyways, I check a website all the time now after finding out RJ The Movie had been in the works for a long time. At Comingsoon.net, if you type in Repairman Jack it says that director Douglas Aarniokoski, whom collaborates with Robert Rodriguez, has been signed to helm the project. Any truth to that? And for my two cents, I have always pictured Jack as John Cusack or a ripped Adam Sandler. I feel they both have the humor that can be attributed to Jack's character. Also, another actor that comes to mind is Justin Theroux. He is a good actor even though he was in Charlies Angels 2. Yes I was EXTREMELY bored that day.

Welcome to the board!
Kenji   05-30-2007, 10:29 AM
IrishKKC Wrote:Hello all I am new here and have been trying to get on here for awhile. I just recently got back into reading via Dean Koontz. I then saw that he as well as Stephen King highly recommended an author I have never heard of. F. Paul Wilson and my life has changed since. It started with The Tomb and i just Finished Reborn after reading all RJ novels and The Adversary Cycle up until Reprisal which I am searching for at local book stores. No luck yet but I know I will find it soon. Anyways, I check a website all the time now after finding out RJ The Movie had been in the works for a long time. At Comingsoon.net, if you type in Repairman Jack it says that director Douglas Aarniokoski, whom collaborates with Robert Rodriguez, has been signed to helm the project. Any truth to that? And for my two cents, I have always pictured Jack as John Cusack or a ripped Adam Sandler. I feel they both have the humor that can be attributed to Jack's character. Also, another actor that comes to mind is Justin Theroux. He is a good actor even though he was in Charlies Angels 2. Yes I was EXTREMELY bored that day.

Welcome to the board, IrishKKC! Smile

Speaking of director, check this thread and read #305.

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?t=1050