Pages (3):    1 2 3
phoenix rising   05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Didn't undrstand what was going on in The Keep? I suggest when you have a few days with little to nothing going on taking the time to reread it and see if maybe you just missed a plotkey here and there.... I know some people who just skimmed it because they just couldn't get in touch with the characters and some who just plain didn't like it. But myself, I hold thewhole adversary cycle in hugh regard, along with all FPW books Smile
mores   05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
i've posted here before, asking about ebooks and where to start reading Smile

anyhow, i've read THE KEEP, a long time later i was able to aquire THE TOMB and yesterday i finished LEGACIES.

i'm a canadian in austrian "exile", or you might call me an austrian without the citizenship but with the roots ...

Smile

oh, and i think not everyone is a re-reader of books.
hence, when people ask "where to start", it is probably more helpful to get them hooked on FPW by pointing to THE TOMB or THE KEEP. depending on whether they're want more of a horrorstory, or rather the somewhat "calmer" TOMB mystery.

man, THE KEEP really made the hair on my neck rise ... it literally scared me like no book ever has before

Smile
phoenix rising   05-24-2007, 06:32 PM
The Keep was and still i such a great read!! Even non-horror fans tend to love it because of the great plot. The eternal battle of good and evil never seems to get old for me.
Dave F   05-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree the Keep got me hooked many years ago

I've lost count of the number of times I've re read it

I generally lend out the keep to snare new fans, it has never let me down yet

The artist formally known as Britfan
phoenix rising   05-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Except when someone decides to permanantly borrow it right?
Oxenberger   06-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Hi all,

First I should say that I've been a "lurker" on here for quite some time and finally owned up and joined the forum. My first fpw book was The Select, which I read in 1 sitting since I couldn't put it down. Unfortunately, I didn't read another fpw book until years later. You'll be surprised to hear that my second fpw book was Dyedeetown World.

If any of you have read Dyedeetown World, hopefully you'll agree, this is one cool book. After polishing this book off, I read all of the medical thrillers, then moved on to the adversary cycle. WOW! I ventured into what a whole new level of fun. This series of books had so many twists that I could not get comfortable with my own theories on what was going to happen next. Fpw throws curve after curve, genius.

I next read all of the RJ books minus Bloodline (can't wait to read it!) My last book was The Tery/Pard (the original book release as I found it online via Amazon.) Currently, I am reading Enemy of The State, as I figure I should read the LaNague series.

Well, since I'm now rambling I will state that I am also a fpw addict. I had an opportunity to meet "The Man" himself now to long ago when he gave a talk to the NJ Horror Writers. It was one of the best seminars I've ever attended as I left truly inspired. Here is a man who has dedicated his life to medicine, and yet has a talent to write fiction with unparalleled creativity and passion (queue the line from Wayne's World "We're not worthy, We're not worthy!")

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and state that I look forward to reading the entire fpw collection and will take any recommendations on what to read after the LaNague series.

Cheers!
Ken Valentine   06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Oxenberger Wrote:Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and state that I look forward to reading the entire fpw collection

Welcome to the board!

Quote:and will take any recommendations on what to read after the LaNague series.

EVERYTHING!

If you haven't read HEALER or WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS yet, you're in for a real treat.

Ken V.
cobalt   06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the board Oxenberger. You have to read BlackWind, one of the best! Then don't forget Virgin, another great story.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Oxenberger Wrote:Hi all,

First I should say that I've been a "lurker" on here for quite some time and finally owned up and joined the forum. My first fpw book was The Select, which I read in 1 sitting since I couldn't put it down. Unfortunately, I didn't read another fpw book until years later. You'll be surprised to hear that my second fpw book was Dyedeetown World.

If any of you have read Dyedeetown World, hopefully you'll agree, this is one cool book. After polishing this book off, I read all of the medical thrillers, then moved on to the adversary cycle. WOW! I ventured into what a whole new level of fun. This series of books had so many twists that I could not get comfortable with my own theories on what was going to happen next. Fpw throws curve after curve, genius.

I next read all of the RJ books minus Bloodline (can't wait to read it!) My last book was The Tery/Pard (the original book release as I found it online via Amazon.) Currently, I am reading Enemy of The State, as I figure I should read the LaNague series.

Well, since I'm now rambling I will state that I am also a fpw addict. I had an opportunity to meet "The Man" himself now to long ago when he gave a talk to the NJ Horror Writers. It was one of the best seminars I've ever attended as I left truly inspired. Here is a man who has dedicated his life to medicine, and yet has a talent to write fiction with unparalleled creativity and passion (queue the line from Wayne's World "We're not worthy, We're not worthy!")

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and state that I look forward to reading the entire fpw collection and will take any recommendations on what to read after the LaNague series.

Cheers!

Howdy, Ox--welcome to the board! Paul's going to give a reading at the KGB Bar in November, if memory serves. Catch you there?
Pages (3):    1 2 3