Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Had to go to court this morning for a rogue a month ago. Seems it's going to be dismissed. Every second, this month, when I wasn't thinking about it... I was thinking about it. Anyone know what I mean?
NewYorkjoe   05-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Had to go to court this morning for a rogue a month ago. Seems it's going to be dismissed. Every second, this month, when I wasn't thinking about it... I was thinking about it. Anyone know what I mean?

What's a "rogue?" Is it like a "rave," but trespassing?

I'll bet you don't remember the old movie "Rogue Male?" (It also may have been entitled "Manhunt," but "Rogue Male" is what I remember and the title of the book on which it was based.)

In the opening, I believe it's Walter Pigeon playing the part of a famous African White Hunter, sneaking through the woods outside Berchtesgaden with an empty high-powered rifle (a "sporting stalk"). He stops and takes a bead on Herr Hitler through his scope, just as a Nazi guard literally stumbles over him. He winds up being interrogated by George Sanders in his role of the high-born SS officer who happens to speak perfect English. He escapes and at the end of the movie he is parachuting back into Germany, this time for real!

We shoot rogue liberals, have to, they ruin the natives' agriculture, stampede the placid herds of liberals chewing their cud, and scare away the tourists. Their ivory is not worth much.

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
Auskar   05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I also was wondering what you meant by "rogue"...? I assumed you had some "rogue" behavior and... whatever.
webby   05-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Auskar Wrote:I also was wondering what you meant by "rogue"...? I assumed you had some "rogue" behavior and... whatever.

Maybe the judge didn't know what it meant either, hence the case being dismissed. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NewYorkjoe   05-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Had to go to court this morning for a rogue a month ago. Seems it's going to be dismissed. Every second, this month, when I wasn't thinking about it... I was thinking about it. Anyone know what I mean?

Yet another case of arrested development!Wink

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
saynomore   05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm sure he meant "rouge" as wearing rouge with a white outfit is a no-no with the fashion police. Big Grin

AC
Auskar   05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
saynomore Wrote:I'm sure he meant "rouge" as wearing rouge with a white outfit is a no-no with the fashion police.
Maybe he wore white shoes before May 1.
KRW   05-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Yep. I'm glad you fared better than I. It's rough when you have to wait for the state to get to you. Personally I always thought that was the reason for a speedy trial, waiting feels like torture.:mad: