Gypsy4ever   04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm kind of getting a real kick out of this.
Just a month or so ago, I met someone on a message board for the show 'Supernatural' who just happens to be a Jack fan as well. She asked me if I had ever read Nightworld. I said no, that I would like too, but I had a hard time finding a copy. She said she had one, and if I wanted it, she would send it to me.
I said, yes, of course, I would love it, being the completely obbessed, rabid Jack lover I am.
When I get it, it turns out it is an advance uncorreced proof, from the publisher Night Harvest. Pretty cool. It's in perfect condition. No wrinkles or tears anywhere. The binding is solid, and the pages are unmarked except for the first page where there is a sales sticker marked $25.00, also $25.00 is written in pencil next to the sticker.

Then, today, while at a garage sale, I saw a book titled The Keep, and F. Paul Wilson's name. Cool, thinks I. It's only 10 cents, why the heck not. So I buy it. It is only after I have payed that I notice that this copy is a, as it says in small print at the bottom of the cover, Special Advance Reading Copy.
It too is in very good condition. The corners have very small wrinkles on them, and the top of the binding edge is ripped a little, but not enough to detract. The book is published by William Morrow and Company.

I must say, I am quite pleased with them. Nightworld was free, and The Keep only cost me 10 cents. Too awsome!
Now that I have the first and last books in the cycle, I need to find the others. I am going to a book fair in Anne Arbor, MI next month...perhapes I will get lucky!
Scott Miller   04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Gypsy4ever Wrote:Now that I have the first and last books in the cycle, I need to find the others. I am going to a book fair in Anne Arbor, MI next month...perhapes I will get lucky!

Where do you hail from? I grew up in Chelsea and I found many of FPW's books at the Dawntreader Used Bookstore on State and Liberty; not sure if it's still around. You're in for some great reading, as much as I like the RJ books, The Adversary Cycle remains my favorite story of all time.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Ken Valentine   04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Sounds like you lucked onto a couple of real collectibles. If you can't find the other books you're looking for at the book fair, you can always go to abebooks.com.

Best of luck with your collection,

Ken V.

Gypsy4ever Wrote:I'm kind of getting a real kick out of this.
Just a month or so ago, I met someone on a message board for the show 'Supernatural' who just happens to be a Jack fan as well. She asked me if I had ever read Nightworld. I said no, that I would like too, but I had a hard time finding a copy. She said she had one, and if I wanted it, she would send it to me.
I said, yes, of course, I would love it, being the completely obbessed, rabid Jack lover I am.
When I get it, it turns out it is an advance uncorreced proof, from the publisher Night Harvest. Pretty cool. It's in perfect condition. No wrinkles or tears anywhere. The binding is solid, and the pages are unmarked except for the first page where there is a sales sticker marked $25.00, also $25.00 is written in pencil next to the sticker.

Then, today, while at a garage sale, I saw a book titled The Keep, and F. Paul Wilson's name. Cool, thinks I. It's only 10 cents, why the heck not. So I buy it. It is only after I have payed that I notice that this copy is a, as it says in small print at the bottom of the cover, Special Advance Reading Copy.
It too is in very good condition. The corners have very small wrinkles on them, and the top of the binding edge is ripped a little, but not enough to detract. The book is published by William Morrow and Company.

I must say, I am quite pleased with them. Nightworld was free, and The Keep only cost me 10 cents. Too awsome!
Now that I have the first and last books in the cycle, I need to find the others. I am going to a book fair in Anne Arbor, MI next month...perhapes I will get lucky!
cobalt   04-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Two fantastic finds. Good reading is ahead for you.

EWMAN
Mike Hanson   04-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:You're in for some great reading, as much as I like the RJ books, The Adversary Cycle remains my favorite story of all time.

I agree with you Scott, and with that said, Roger Zelazny's
series of "Amber" novels run a close second! They are a
"must-read."

Mike Smile