Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
webby   04-17-2007, 12:01 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I may start an alter ego on this site one day. It would be nice to have someone who always agrees with me. "Right you are CC", "You're the smartest person on this site CC", CC, you're so handsome and clever we're damn lucky you've chosen us to post your musings". Big Grin

Thanks for the warning CC - now we all know just what to watch for. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimbow8   04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I may start an alter ego on this site one day. It would be nice to have someone who always agrees with me. "Right you are CC", "You're the smartest person on this site CC", CC, you're so handsome and clever we're damn lucky you've chosen us to post your musings". Big Grin
My alter ego never says stuff like that about me.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-22-2007, 08:01 PM
KRW Wrote:I need stats damn it! I won't even buy popcorn until I know the stats.

Ha, sir, sporting gentleman! That's never cowed you before! Wager, Ken!--so many =new= gamblers look to =you= for guidance! Show them how it's done! Every bet welcome! One dollar can get you back ten!
This post was last modified: 04-23-2007, 11:26 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I would have snatched that offer immediatly, but a copy is already headed my way!!! Right, Bluesman???

Correct, sir!
Marc   04-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I got my new copies of Wheels Within Wheels and The Tery today so if anyone would like my original paperback copies (not mint condition) PM me with your address and I'll send them out to you.
volshan   05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
(well, maybe a little)... Wink

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking here a couple of months, and, thanks to Lisa, can now post. My real name is Marty, and I live in Nashville, TN.

I'd had every book FPW had published in some form or other and had kept up with him since I first read a stripped-cover paperback of 'The Keep'.

(Strips are both illegal and bad, I know. Back then, my wife worked in a bookstore, and in the 80's it was considered 'legit' to let employees take strips home to encourage readership in new authors, and with that particular strip it worked in spades and then some. I bought everything FPW wrote after reading that strip. I virtually forced my brother to read 'Black Wind', for he only reads the 'masters of horror, you see, and doesn't read 'new' authors. Now he owns nearly every book FPW has written. =grin=)

Late last year, due to a strange series of events, I lost all my FPW books, (including my first edition, signed copy of 'The Select', which has always been one of my favorite FPW novels), along with nearly everything else I owned.

I'm slowly rebuiliding my collection as I can afford it, and making great progress. I'm more than halfway there. (I'm glad there is so much re-printing going on.) Smile While much of what I had were hardbacks, and I was proud to own them, what I've missed most since losing them is actually reading them.

Finally to the point: I've read this thread, and it seems no one from the boards has asked for that copy of 'The Select', Lisa, and while I doubt you still have it, if you do, I'd absolutely love to have it.

Volshan
Biggles   05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
volshan Wrote:(well, maybe a little)... Wink

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking here a couple of months, and, thanks to Lisa, can now post. My real name is Marty, and I live in Nashville, TN.

I'd had every book FPW had published in some form or other and had kept up with him since I first read a stripped-cover paperback of 'The Keep'.

(Strips are both illegal and bad, I know. Back then, my wife worked in a bookstore, and in the 80's it was considered 'legit' to let employees take strips home to encourage readership in new authors, and with that particular strip it worked in spades and then some. I bought everything FPW wrote after reading that strip. I virtually forced my brother to read 'Black Wind', for he only reads the 'masters of horror, you see, and doesn't read 'new' authors. Now he owns nearly every book FPW has written. =grin=)

Late last year, due to a strange series of events, I lost all my FPW books, (including my first edition, signed copy of 'The Select', which has always been one of my favorite FPW novels), along with nearly everything else I owned.

I'm slowly rebuiliding my collection as I can afford it, and making great progress. I'm more than halfway there. (I'm glad there is so much re-printing going on.) Smile While much of what I had were hardbacks, and I was proud to own them, what I've missed most since losing them is actually reading them.

Finally to the point: I've read this thread, and it seems no one from the boards has asked for that copy of 'The Select', Lisa, and while I doubt you still have it, if you do, I'd absolutely love to have it.

Volshan

There are probably many on this board that would part with a spare paperback for a true believer. You should ask away.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Lisa   05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
volshan Wrote:Finally to the point: I've read this thread, and it seems no one from the boards has asked for that copy of 'The Select', Lisa, and while I doubt you still have it, if you do, I'd absolutely love to have it.

I certainly do still have it. Sitting right here on my desk. PM me your address and I'll send it off to you.

Lisa
volshan   05-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Wonderful!

I just PM'd you my address.

Thank you so very much.

Volshan
Scott Miller   05-12-2007, 06:58 AM
volshan Wrote:Wonderful!

I just PM'd you my address.

Thank you so very much.

Volshan

Welcome. I have a few extras that I'd be willing to pass on if they are ones you need. Let me know and we'll see if my inventory matches your needs.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6