InfinityLtd   07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm reading "The Fifth Harmonic" now, and I am loving it. Currently, Will ("Cecil" Smile ) and Maya have made it to the village near the third tine. I gotta tell you, though, that scene when Will is caught in the Jeep in the rainstorm and runs into the pyramid and all of the animals start showing up scared the hoo-hah out of me! At the same time, though, I wished I wasn't on break while I was reading it; I wanted to keep going to see what happened. Big Grin

One stupid question, though, if I may: when Will first looked in his duffel to make sure his "Kevorkian kit' was intact, there was an acronym mentioned ("D5W") that I've never heard of--I'm assuming it's something medical. What is D5W?

Thank you, and I look forward to finishing the book on the train back home tonight.

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.
Marc   07-08-2004, 02:38 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:What is D5W?

It stands for "Dextrose 5% in Water". Sugar water, I believe.
Susan   07-08-2004, 05:48 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:One stupid question, though, if I may: when Will first looked in his duffel to make sure his "Kevorkian kit' was intact, there was an acronym mentioned ("D5W") that I've never heard of--I'm assuming it's something medical. What is D5W?

The Fifth Harmonic is one of my favorite FPW books. Keep reading and gets even better!

I don't know what D5W is, although I think Marc may be right. They used that term on the old tv show Emergency! all the time - "Give me an IV with D5W!" I thought those paramedics were dreamy...

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Paul R   07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:... there was an acronym mentioned ("D5W") that I've never heard of--I'm assuming it's something medical. What is D5W?

Is it a prototype WD40? Big Grin
Ken Valentine   07-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Paul R Wrote:Is it a prototype WD40? Big Grin

It's the antidote. Rolleyes

Ken V. Big Grin