Pages (3):    1 2 3
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-16-2007, 04:06 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:My local Walmart had it, and reasonably priced.

Thanks, bk, I'll check it out.
Ashe   07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Saw it last night at my Wally world. it was under $10. I didn't get it because for some odd reason horror movies make me sqeemish. I can see real blood and stuff without an issue but on the screen it affects me. I blame the music, real life doesn't have the music, just the screams.
saynomore   08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
What really surprized me was the absence of fpw's name from the dvd extras. The script writer mentions that he read "this short story" and thought it would make a good feature. "This short story?!" As a writer, you'd think he'd show more respect and mention the author of "this short story."

Anyway... "Pelts" was way gorier than "Instinct" but made it to the screen. It even had more nudity than "Instinct." Whatever caused the Miike episode to be censored eludes me.

Let's see:

Pelts had: HIGHLIGHT. SPOILERS!!!! AHEAD!

[COLOR="White"]self mutilation
sodomy
lesbian oral sex
animal cruelty[/COLOR]
did I leave anything out?

Instinct had: HIGHLIGHT.

[COLOR="White"]torture
incest
mutation of birth[/COLOR]
What's the difference?

AC

P.S. So far, I've been very disappointed with the "horror" in the MoH series. Gore does not equate horror. The supernatural factor of the Pelts short story was flashed over in favor of lots of T & A, and B & G. Must reread the short story and see where things went wrong. Dario, I'm disappointed.
tenebroust   08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I just watched this last night. I have to agree with other comments here that gore does not equate to horror in my mind. It seems to me that Dario has pretty much done what he does in this movie, so I can't fault him. It's a cheap way of giving the impression of something evil without actually putting forth the effort to expand on the supernatural elements.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Pages (3):    1 2 3