jaybird   04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I wonder if there are any Shield junkies like myself out there. Last night was season 6 first episode. I was pumped. The shit is about to hit the fan and Vic is right in the middle of it.

:p A good horror story will keep you up at night
Auskar   04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
jaybird Wrote:I wonder if there are any Shield junkies like myself out there. Last night was season 6 first episode. I was pumped. The shit is about to hit the fan and Vic is right in the middle of it.
I've watched it from the beginning, but I'm really getting tired of this plot thread which has been going on for three years already? I think I'm going to move on.
jaybird   04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Auskar Wrote:I've watched it from the beginning, but I'm really getting tired of this plot thread which has been going on for three years already? I think I'm going to move on.
I've been watching since the second or third season. I agree that the plot seems to drag on but the drama the unfolds every episode is compelling. I really want to see if Shane will off himself for killing the blonde guy( I forgot his name). Last night he was sitting in his truck, in the parking lot contemplating the deed. If you ask me, he just needs to go on with it already.

Kenji   04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Now I'm watching 1st season on DVD.

"Starsky & Hutch", "CHiPs", "Miami Vice"....they are my favorite shows, but "The Shield" is.....different. Just a little bit different...No! Completely different! What a bad cops! :eek:

But I like it. :p
jaybird   04-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Kenji Wrote:Now I'm watching 1st season on DVD.

"Starsky & Hutch", "CHiPs", "Miami Vice"....they are my favorite shows, but "The Shield" is.....different. Just a little bit different...No! Completely different! What a bad cops! :eek:

But I like it. :p
Hey Kenji. If you think they are bad now, wait till season #6. Things get really outta hand. Every time I watch my palms get sweaty. It's definately an intense show.

Kenji   04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
jaybird Wrote:Hey Kenji. If you think they are bad now, wait till season #6. Things get really outta hand. Every time I watch my palms get sweaty. It's definately an intense show.

Oh, no no no! Show is not bad. I'm enjoying The Shield. Now I'm watching 2nd season. Smile

What I wanted to say was Cop's attitude is bad, especially Vic Mackey. But I like this show.
Kenji   04-30-2007, 03:43 AM
Just now finished 2nd season. Can't wait for 3rd season! Big Grin
Auskar   04-30-2007, 04:34 AM
jaybird Wrote:I really want to see if Shane will off himself for killing the blonde guy( I forgot his name).
Lem. The blonde guy was Lem. He was sort of the conscience for the group.

As for Shane, I think the shit hits the fan this upcoming week, at least according to previews. If not this week, then sometime soon.

And Kenji, the Strike Team starts off seemingly pretty evil, cleaning up the streets but making a profit at it above and beyond their police salaries, but the moral dilemnas get murkier and murkier each season. You end up rooting for Mackey more and more as time goes on, then it gets murky again.

Plus, Michael Chiklis plays an amazing role when you compare Vince Mackey to his previous run at a series in The Commish. You've almost got to root for an actor who can be so different in two television series, both playing a cop.