Pages (2):    1 2
WGB   03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Good Job!
I like to skecth as well, I just can't seem to find the time these days.
ccosborne3   03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Those were both pretty good.

I'd like to see a fan art thread. I bet it would load up with some cool stuff right quick.
Mike Hanson   03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:
[Image: Rakosh.jpg]
Is anything wrong with my depiction of a Rakosh? I know there are some people in this group who have an ecyclopaedic knowledge of Repairman Jack, so if I have made any obvious errors I would love to hear them. I remember that the Rakosh are described as having shark like heads, but I really struggled early on trying to draw a shark-shape head that didnt look like a Teenage Mutant Turtle! Big Grin I'd also like to do an illustration of a scene from one of the Repairman Jack books, and at the moment I'm thinking about the rooftop fight in The Tomb. Any suggestions/requests of action packed scenes would be welcomed.

Impressive artwork. I could picture this in a graphic novel with ease.

As for said depiction, it's torso appears much too human, especially
the six-pack abs. My humble suggestion is that you look at the torsos
of full-grown male silver-back gorillas, and use that as a starting point.
Auskar   03-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:As for said depiction, it's torso appears much too human, especially the six-pack abs. My humble suggestion is that you look at the torsos of full-grown male silver-back gorillas, and use that as a starting point.
I like that idea. In reviewing the other rakosh art on the site, I think those heads are overly "sharkish". But a stooped non-human, standing gorrilla look, with no hair and a sort of reptilish face (no scales), is cool. I actually pictured a dark indigo blue skin color.

I actually Bones' depiction best, so far, though -- and think it is very well done.
Ken Valentine   03-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Impressive artwork. I could picture this in a graphic novel with ease.

Except that the description in The Tomb stated to the effect that they looked like heavily muscled bodybuilders with an overly long torso.

Ken V.
The Mad American   03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I actually got a picture of Rakosh in my head and its pretty much stuck even though it doesn't really match the description in the book. The way I picture them is kind of like a meaner version of the villain Venom in some of the Spiderman work a few years back. Just overly big muscular scary black shapes.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Mike Hanson   03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Except that the description in The Tomb stated to the effect that they looked like heavily muscled bodybuilders with an overly long torso. Ken V.

I stand corrected.
BK Akitas   04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
webby Wrote:Yes, they are specifically described as being cobalt blue. Of course, no one says you can't take artistic liberties. On the cover of The Last Rakosh, Scarlip's coloring is a "Thing"-like orange. [Image: shrug.gif]

If ya'll recall, the coloring of the Rakosh was WRONG. They are supposed to be darker and larger. Only the Mother was correct since she was a pure Rakosh and the others..weren't. eeewwwwwwww.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
BK Akitas   04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Impressive artwork. I could picture this in a graphic novel with ease.

another point from the books- they were supposed to look human, I've always read that to be a kind of Otherness Neener Neener Neener moment- Rakosh are everything dark and evil of ourselves, a corruption if you will, of Humanity.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Pages (2):    1 2