Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Terry Willacker   05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I enjoyed S3, maybe not as much as the first two, which I liked a lot, but I liked the third one and will go to see the fourth.

I will probably go to see Fantastic 4.

I will definitely skip Pirates 3 since Pirates 2 was painfully boring.
Terry Willacker   05-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I should add that I often have a different opinion of the movies based on comic heroes since I never read any of the comic books other than a very few about Superman.
Auskar   05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
I'll definitely be seeing the Silver Surfer movie. I think how you rate a movie is based a lot on expectations. I had high expectations for Spiderman 3 because of the first two and I just feel it let the audience down. The Fantastic Four movies don't include all the "angst" that a Spiderman movie does, so I expect them to be little lighter. In short, the Fantastic Four movies don't take themselves as seriously as Spiderman. They are meant to be adventure stories, not drama.
Terry Willacker   05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Auskar Wrote:I'll definitely be seeing the Silver Surfer movie. I think how you rate a movie is based a lot on expectations. I had high expectations for Spiderman 3 because of the first two and I just feel it let the audience down. The Fantastic Four movies don't include all the "angst" that a Spiderman movie does, so I expect them to be little lighter. In short, the Fantastic Four movies don't take themselves as seriously as Spiderman. They are meant to be adventure stories, not drama.

As an example of the expectations thing, I saw Star Trek, The Motion Picture at a theater last month at a SciFi marathon. I had not seen it for years, and because of low expectations, I really enjoyed it.
Scott Miller   07-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I just got back from seeing it and for the first 45 minutes or so I couldn't believe how badly people dissed it, I thought the initial fight with Hobgoblin was cool as well as Flint becoming the Sandman, and then the incredibly tortuous Act II unveiled the rotten core that I'd heard so much about. Peter's dark side was laughable and Raimi doesn't have much feel for the intimate scenes-everything felt forced and heavyhanded. By the time the finale rolled around I had lost interest in the goings-on. The finale itself looked great but was completely cheesy. Glad I waited for the 2nd run at the discount theatre.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Amon   07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Guess we know why all the film's stars tended to be so aloof about it when they were interviewed.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4