Kenji   03-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Today after I saw Ghost Rider, I also saw "Perfume [SIZE="1"]the story of a murderer[/SIZE]".

In recent movies, "Perfume" was the most dazzling movie. Normally, we can't see "scent", but I could see "scent" in this movie by dazzling camera work. Cinematographer Frank Griebe did awesome work. You'll get keen senses. It must be un-experience movie to you. Especially, the last sequences were unbelievable shocking! :eek:

Jean-Baptiste, if he got good family, good education, he could be good perfume maker. If it was not about a story of murderer, the blurb will be "a young perfume maker bring fascinating scent to you". But, alas, he's murderer.

*****Minor spoiler*****

He kills young women for ultimate perfume. But all victims were redheads women.....Ah, director is Tom Tykwer "Run Lora Run". He like redheads, isn't he? Big Grin
This post was last modified: 03-03-2007, 09:57 AM by Kenji.
Maggers   03-03-2007, 02:59 PM
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...ht=perfume

There's another short thread about "Perfume." I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on my list for Netflix. I did read the book many years ago and I remember it vividly, which I don't always. It's defintely worth reading.

It's true about natural redheads. We are intoxicating. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   03-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Maggers Wrote:http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...ht=perfume

There's another short thread about "Perfume." I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on my list for Netflix. I did read the book many years ago and I remember it vividly, which I don't always. It's defintely worth reading.

It's true about natural redheads. We are intoxicating. Big Grin

Oops! Seems I missed previous thread about Perfume. :p

I haevn't read the book yet, but if you say "it's definitely worth reading", I say same thing as for movie. It's definitely worth seeing. Wink