Kenji   02-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Today I saw "Bobby", and it was great!

You think this movie is about assassinated Robert Kennedy at The Ambassador Hotel? Yes, and no. At least, not only that.

Hotel's ex-doorman, middle-aged singer and her husband, a hairdresser and her husband, Mexican cooks and black man cook, three hippies, Czechoslovakian reporter, an election campaigners, and a lot of guests, etc. This movie is about their stories. I.e, it's Grand Hotel-style. Everybody has own stories, and they are different, but they have something in common. It's everybody have great respect for Robert Kennedy and they have a hope. But in June 5 1968, it happened...

I don't understand why Emilio Estevez didn't get nominated to Oscar. He did good works, director, script writer, and actor. Also casts are gorgeous! Harry Belafonte, Laurence Fishburne, Heather Graham, Antony Hopkins, Helen Hunt, Martin Sheen, Demi Moore, Christian Slater, Sharon Stone, William H. Macy, Elijah Wood, etc etc...

Interestingly, some actors and actresses played together with Emilio Estevez. Anthony Hopkins = Freejack, Demi Moore = St. Elmo's Fire, Christian Slater=Young Guns II.

If Robert Kennedy didn't die, would you think world got better? I'm not sure. But you(U.S. citizens) can tell me. What do you think?