Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Kenji   03-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Today I saw Ghost Rider, and it was awesome! I enjoyed it.

As a comics fan(I still have 1st issue), I think it was good. Nic Cage was okay for Johnny Blaze. Good casting, well made special effect, and what a "hot" motorbike! I want that motorbike! Big Grin

Peter "Mephistopheles" Fonda.......Actually he was cool than Ghost Rider.

Mark Steven Johnson...his "Daredevil" and "Electra" were not good, but Ghost Rider was his most successful movie. I can't wait for "Ghost Rider 2"! Cool
Auskar   03-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I think I am going to see "Ghost Rider" today. Though I'm not especially thrilled about Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze, I'm attempting to keep an open mind. I just always pictured Johnny Blaze as someone pretty young, a genuine "hothead."

I don't remember a "glowing skull" Johnny Blaze and only remember the "fiery skull" Johnny Blaze. However, it was a comic that I only picked up intermittently, and my memory could be flawed.

"Ghost Riders in the Sky" seems to be one of those songs that cannot be screwed up, no matter who records it -- and practically EVERYONE has done it. One version I like a lot that is a little bit different is by Dick Dale.
saynomore   03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Go here to see original Ghost Rider:

http://www.toonopedia.com/ghrider1.htm

AC
Auskar   03-05-2007, 01:04 AM
saynomore Wrote:Go here to see original Ghost Rider:

http://www.toonopedia.com/ghrider1.htm

AC
Yeah, well, I knew of THAT Ghostrider -- I just assumed you were talking about motorcycle ghostrider. As for cowboy comic books, I used to read The Two-Gun Kid and The Rawhide Kid when I was a...

...kid.
saynomore   03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Auskar Wrote:Yeah, well, I knew of THAT Ghostrider -- I just assumed you were talking about motorcycle ghostrider. As for cowboy comic books, I used to read The Two-Gun Kid and The Rawhide Kid when I was a...

...kid.

Again, it was nice to see the two Ghost Riders blazing through the desert. If only they had used the original costume on the old Rider.

AC

P.S. Boo to Marvel Comics for making the new Rawhide Kid gay. Are they trying to say something about leather?

P.P.S. Did you read Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandoes and Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders? (Damn, there's that leather thing again)
Noelie   06-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Just bumping to say I bought the DVD and to be honest... I loved it. Maybe there were things about it that could have been better, but it was all washed away seeing the old/new Ghost Riders riding together. God, I love Sam Elliott.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   06-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Noelie Wrote:Just bumping to say I bought the DVD and to be honest... I loved it. Maybe there were things about it that could have been better, but it was all washed away seeing the old/new Ghost Riders riding together. God, I love Sam Elliott.

I like that scene too! I think Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or alive" would be good to that scene. Cool

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive
the Oracle   06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Dixie Chicks did it...

(:

saynomore Wrote:Has there ever been a bad version of Ghost Riders in the Sky? Nahh.

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
GeraldRice   06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
saynomore Wrote:I saw the movie last night. Was very pleased with the effects, but thought that Nick Cage couldn't decide to play the role for laughs or tears. I've followed the Ghost Rider comic book series ever since it was a Western story (and I was glad to see that the movie played homage to the original Ghost Rider--only wish they had used his original white glow-in-the-dark get-up instead of the flames). It wasn't Spiderman, but it was better than The Hulk, Daredevil, and FF.

Now that they've got the origin of GR out of the way, I hope to see some villains worthy of the Rider.

AC

P.S. Johnny Depp originally wanted this role, but passed on it. He could have given the Johnny Blaze character the edge it needed to match his fiery counterpart.

Ghost Rider was nowhere near as good as The Hulk. It was everything wrong that almost killed comic book movies a few years ago. It was campy, chocked full of one-liners, a paint-by-the-numbers script and overracting. Peter Fonda's interpretation of the Devil was a maze of cliches. And you just know they wanted him for the role because of Easy Rider. I HATED Easy Rider. Easily one of the biggest turds that was full of self importance I've ever come across. I was so glad when they got killed in the end. I was rambling- where was I? Oh yeah, The Hidden were cool, but they were pushovers, let's say. And Blackheart? Mammon in Constantine was much better and we barely even saw him.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
saynomore Wrote:I saw the movie last night. Was very pleased with the effects, but thought that Nick Cage couldn't decide to play the role for laughs or tears. I've followed the Ghost Rider comic book series ever since it was a Western story (and I was glad to see that the movie played homage to the original Ghost Rider--only wish they had used his original white glow-in-the-dark get-up instead of the flames). It wasn't Spiderman, but it was better than The Hulk, Daredevil, and FF.

Now that they've got the origin of GR out of the way, I hope to see some villains worthy of the Rider.

AC

P.S. Johnny Depp originally wanted this role, but passed on it. He could have given the Johnny Blaze character the edge it needed to match his fiery counterpart.

Oh yeah, Nic Cage must have been burning to do his Elvis impersonation again. He hadn't whipped that puppy out since Wild at Heart.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (3):    1 2 3