BK Akitas   02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Its been a while since I read it and I loaned out my copy and as usual havent received it back yet to check...and I have yet to see the updated version so.....

pieces of the weapon have to collected from across the globe and give to Mr Haskin's tenants to rebuild. the Keeper's necklaces are a big part of this, but the focus is all on the metal- what about the stones?
there's such a strong emphasis on the quality of the stones in Rakoshi and the original/updated Tomb, but where do these stones go after the weapon is reforged?
the stones themselves were never really explained, no specific type of stone just decribed as like amber with the pupil like centers...and that these necklaces are pre-vedic, which , as Abe so bluntly states, makes it O-L-D. you have to wonder what they are to have been durable enough to last a millenium (or more)..and where are they now????

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Sam   02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I always figured the stones were just symbolic decoration. The amber color - like nectar, and the eye - like the Eye of Horus. Symbols of health and immortality. Possibly even decoys for potential thieves - they steal a necklace, pop out the stone, toss the worthless, iron-like necklace, and walk away thinking they have the true source of power. That's just my guess.

I figure maybe the smallfolk fashioned a nice piece for Jack. Maybe switch them with the eyes on a classic Kit-Kat clock. A nice addition to Jack's abundant collectibles. Smile

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Ken Valentine   02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:pieces of the weapon have to collected from across the globe and give to Mr Haskin's tenants to rebuild. the Keeper's necklaces are a big part of this, but the focus is all on the metal- what about the stones?

there's such a strong emphasis on the quality of the stones in Rakoshi and the original/updated Tomb, but where do these stones go after the weapon is reforged? the stones themselves were never really explained, no specific type of stone just decribed as like amber with the pupil like centers...and that these necklaces are pre-vedic, which , as Abe so bluntly states, makes it O-L-D. you have to wonder what they are to have been durable enough to last a millenium (or more)..and where are they now????

I seem to remember that the stones were described as looking like yellow Topaz with dark centers which resembled the pupils of the eyes of a cat. (Now this is from the original version of THE TOMB.)

[SIZE="5"]
SPOILER!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]
Highlight to read
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="white"]Being as the necklaces seem to have been made from shards of an "Ally" sword, they would have been made of hardened steel. Which means that they would have withstood the wear of being worn as necklaces for a . . . very . . . long . . . time.

It was said that the stones resembled Rakoshi eyes. In that case, the stones may have been part of the "Otherness." If so, they would have been discarded.

After all, these necklaces were in possession of people who were connected with the Otherness -- the Keepers of the Rakoshi.

My explanation would be that in their entirety, the necklaces were part of both the Ally and the Otherness. The steel -- or iron as it was described in the book (steel is merely iron with carbon in it) -- being of a relic of the Ally, was what made the Keepers invisible to the Rakoshi, while the stones very likely symbolized the Rakoshi, and had special meaning to the Keepers of the Rakoshi.[/COLOR]

That's my interpretation, and I'm stickin' to it. Wink

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 02-08-2007, 12:02 AM by Ken Valentine.
Scott Miller   02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Sam Wrote:I always figured the stones were just symbolic decoration. The amber color - like nectar, and the eye - like the Eye of Horus. Symbols of health and immortality. Possibly even decoys for potential thieves - they steal a necklace, pop out the stone, toss the worthless, iron-like necklace, and walk away thinking they have the true source of power. That's just my guess.

I figure maybe the smallfolk fashioned a nice piece for Jack. Maybe switch them with the eyes on a classic Kit-Kat clock. A nice addition to Jack's abundant collectibles. Smile

Long time no post, Sam. Good to read your thoughts again.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sam   02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Long time no post, Sam. Good to read your thoughts again.

Nice to be back, Scott. Thanks for the kind words. Decided to take a little break but started missing everybody. (Hopefully some my thoughts will be worth reading.) Rolleyes Big Grin

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
KRW   02-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Sam Wrote:Nice to be back, Scott. Thanks for the kind words. Decided to take a little break but started missing everybody. (Hopefully some my thoughts will be worth reading.) Rolleyes Big Grin

There're always worth a laugh!Big Grin

I kid, I kid! Good to hear from you again!

Ken