Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Dave   02-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Caught a preview gala screening last night in London (narrowly avoiding Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant getting all loved up at some premiere).

Brilliant.

It's difficult to recall how much I laughed at Shaun of the Dead, but I think this was more consistent with the funny. Shaun dropped off a little once they were trapped in the pub, but Fuzz has some great laugh out loud moments all the way through.

Comedy timing was top notch, and the action was very tongue in cheek, so more funny than thrilling.

Lots of swearing, and a surprising amount of gore, but again, all done with a sly smile that just made it funny.

Fully recommend it. I'll be watching it again.

Dave
Dr. Trilobite   02-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Dave Wrote:Shaun dropped off a little once they were trapped in the pub
I agree completely. Glad to hear this is a step up.
Dave   02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
For completists out there, an internet only trailer for Hot Fuzz.

I think it is a bit of fun the director had, but really cool is the music is by Robert Rodriguez.

Geek Trailer

Dave
GeraldRice   02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Whoa! Did you see Anthony Woodward? He looks so... so... old. That wasn't the Equalizer we all knew and loved.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Whoa! Did you see Anthony Woodward? He looks so... so... old. That wasn't the Equalizer we all knew and loved.

That would be Edward Woodward if it is the same actor from The Equalizer.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah. What I said. Who is Anthony Woodward? I think I got my chocolate in my peanute butter and mixed Anthony Edwards and Edward Woodward.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Dave   02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That would be Edward Woodward if it is the same actor from The Equalizer.
Take out the d's and you get Ewar Woowar. Love that. Smile

And I fancy The Twins.

Dave
GeraldRice   02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I liked McHammer. Or was it MC Hammer?

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Marc   04-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Saw Hot Fuzz on Fri. The theater wasn't sold out but it was packed. Overall I really enjoyed it. It wasn't quite as funny as Shaun of the Dead but it felt like a smarter film. And while two hours seems a little long for this type of film it still didn't bore me.

The biggest payoff in this film though is the last 20-30 minutes. That's where the real fun begins.
law dawg   04-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Saw Hot Fuzz on Fri. The theater wasn't sold out but it was packed. Overall I really enjoyed it. It wasn't quite as funny as Shaun of the Dead but it felt like a smarter film. And while two hours seems a little long for this type of film it still didn't bore me.

The biggest payoff in this film though is the last 20-30 minutes. That's where the real fun begins.
Instant classic.

You can tell these guys were spoofing it much like the did Shaun of the Dead - as a labor of love. They love the movies they're spoofing.

I'll buy this one the day it comes out.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Pages (3): 1 2 3