Pages (2): 1 2   
Blake   02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I was just over at The Digital Bits when I noticed a really gross and disturbing ad in a banner at the top of the page. Suddenly the word "PELTS" came up! I went back to the page and didn't see it, but maybe if you hit "refresh" a few times it'll come up. You might also see an ad for the DVD in the upper right. Where else have people seen this advertised?

For everybody's convenience, here's the Amazon link to the DVD. It apparently comes out February 13.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
IanSF   02-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I tried refreshing dozens of times and didn't see it. Sad Sad Sad
[SIZE="1"]If anyone catches it can they save it and email me a copy?[/SIZE]
Dave F   02-03-2007, 07:20 PM
IanSF Wrote:I tried refreshing dozens of times and didn't see it. Sad Sad Sad
If anyone catches it can they save it and email me a copy?

Ditto, got fed up trying

The artist formally known as Britfan
Blake   02-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry, but it really was there earlier! Just now I had to hit refresh a few times to get the DVD cover to show up in the upper right corner, but I couldn't get the animated banner ad at the top to come back.

Blake

fpw   02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
[SIZE="3"]Well, it worked for me.

Remember what I said: Not for the squeamish.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Medusa   02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I saw it no problem. In fact that was the only thing on that banner.
Blake   02-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Okay, I saw it again, although I had to hit refresh several times. If it helps people to spot it when it first loads, it starts with the words "A Tale of SEDUCTION" before moving on to the next image. The title doesn't come up for several seconds, and when it first appears it's not obvious what it is.

Blake

cobalt   02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I saw the link without a problem. But I have my own copy, safely boxed away. Big Grin

EWMAN
BK Akitas   02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
We've all read the story, it would have been beyond naive to think that the film version or even any print work associated with it, would be sugar coated.

Maybe I'm an alarmist, but the review upsets me in its mention of PETA being able to use this film as a rallying point.

Don't get me wrong- I think lush fur coats feel much better connected to the creature they were born to. Man does not need the pelts of other creatures to keep warm anymore and faux fur coats these days are practically indistinguishable from the real thing,maintaining fashion desired without harming anyone. I don't agree either with using animals for testing, with the clear exception of products intended for life saving medical treatements
BUT
I consider PETA a home land terrorist group. These fanatics could care less who they hurt or what destruction they create in their zeal to 'protect' the animals. PETAphiles don't even believe any of us should have companion animals, all should just be set free to roam at will.
You ought to see the reaction of exhibitors when we hear that PETAphiles intend raids at our dog shows. crates need to be padlocked, animals cannot be left alone for a single moment and the tension it creates in them, merely from being denied the right to meet all the wonderful families who've come out to see them, greet them, stroke them and adore them- out of fear one of them is the Enemy and could set them loose to be struck by cars, have paints and other substances dumped on them, have their beautiful coats shaved or otherwise damaged- and yeah guys IT HAPPENS. They claim they do this to stop us from exploiting our animals and the end justifies any means.

So yeah, it scares me that someone already thinks this movie could be used to promote their terrorist agenda.

With all due respect to Paul and the incredible story he wrote, I pray the message is understood, but not misused.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
fpw   02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
[SIZE="3"]Not to worry. Like the story, the film's crosshairs are centered on the fur industry.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (2): 1 2