ccosborne3   01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
movies.yahoo.com/feature/1408.html;_ylt=AuhFABVJLtY3GifTChDmOo1fVXcA

This film just leaped to the top of my must see list. I was curious as to how they would flesh the Stephen King short story out (30 pages at most) and it looks like they made some good decisions regarding the backstory.
Maggers   01-30-2007, 08:21 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:movies.yahoo.com/feature/1408.html;_ylt=AuhFABVJLtY3GifTChDmOo1fVXcA

This film just leaped to the top of my must see list. I was curious as to how they would flesh the Stephen King short story out (30 pages at most) and it looks like they made some good decisions regarding the backstory.

Ooooh, looks nifty and I love John Cusack.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:movies.yahoo.com/feature/1408.html;_ylt=AuhFABVJLtY3GifTChDmOo1fVXcA

That does look pretty cool. I'm skeptical of anything that gets "fleshed out" because I think horror comes in NOT knowing. I hardly remember the short story so I'll have to reread it. I liked pretty much everything in Everything's Eventual. My favorite is probably the title story. All That You Love Will Be Carried Away is exceptional but I doubt it is filmable. Autopsy Room Four seems like the inspiration for Room 6 by the trailers (though I haven't seen it).

I recently saw Riding the Bullet, and I thought it was pretty decent. It had that creepy, nostalgic feel to it.
This post was last modified: 01-30-2007, 08:33 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   01-31-2007, 11:27 PM
I didn't remember the story until I viewed the trailer....one of the creepy ones! Looks good....as in a "goose bumps a raisin' " kind of way.

EWMAN