acfrogg   01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm rereading the series now and I have to say Hosts has to be my favorite. This time around I knew what was going to happen yet it didn't change the emotion of the book at all. I still gasped, cried, got angry and scared. Jack's view of the future paints such a horrifying image that you can't not shudder! The thought of how desperate everyone is to go through the actions they do, Gia and Abe especially. I thought I'd be fine reading this at work since I have read it before, but alas, I was not. I was sitting at the front counter bawling. Not many books effect me this strongly, in fact I can really only think of one other, but it really is tops!

So I'm curious, do you all have a favorite in the series?
cobalt   01-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I have to say my favorite is "The Haunted Air". I do love those brothers.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
acfrogg Wrote:I'm rereading the series now and I have to say Hosts has to be my favorite. This time around I knew what was going to happen yet it didn't change the emotion of the book at all. I still gasped, cried, got angry and scared. Jack's view of the future paints such a horrifying image that you can't not shudder! The thought of how desperate everyone is to go through the actions they do, Gia and Abe especially. I thought I'd be fine reading this at work since I have read it before, but alas, I was not. I was sitting at the front counter bawling. Not many books effect me this strongly, in fact I can really only think of one other, but it really is tops!

So I'm curious, do you all have a favorite in the series?

ALL THE RAGE. It...is...perfect.
KRW   01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
"The Tomb" hands down! "All The Rage" comes in second. I just don't see one topping the 1st.Cool
webby   01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Conspiricies is #1 for me because of the juxtaposition of horror and humor. A tie for #2 between All The Rage and CrissCross.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]