Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
BK Akitas   01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Not sure if this was ever a subject on here, but I gotta ask...
I was going back over some of the edits between the original pb The Tomb and the Borders Press hc release of Rakoshi looking for changes (I was having a really bad day yesterday and needed a diversion).
I noticed that when Jack went off the play tennis with his dad, he made sure he had the finest NY state license money could buy- in the name of Jack Howard.
I can't recall any other instance of this surname being used.
And I'm thinking, if I had my dad in the car with me and I got pulled over and needed to show some ID, it had probably better have the name he gave me on it.

I still need that diversion so can we kick this one around a while?????

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Maggers   01-19-2007, 01:28 AM
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...t=jack%27s

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...t=jack%27s

It's been kicked around before. These are just two threads germaine to your topic. They came up in a brief search. One thread is named "Jack's Last Name" and another "Does Anyone Know Jack's Last Name?"

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Even I don't know. I never gave him one.[/SIZE]

I think this pretty much sums up the answer to what is Jack's last name. Big Grin
This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 01:53 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   01-19-2007, 08:03 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:Not sure if this was ever a subject on here, but I gotta ask...
I was going back over some of the edits between the original pb The Tomb and the Borders Press hc release of Rakoshi looking for changes (I was having a really bad day yesterday and needed a diversion).
I noticed that when Jack went off the play tennis with his dad, he made sure he had the finest NY state license money could buy- in the name of Jack Howard.
And I'm thinking, if I had my dad in the car with me and I got pulled over and needed to show some ID, it had probably better have the name he gave me on it.

I just checked that part, but I couldn't find "Howard". But I guess Paul suggested a hint of his surname in that part. After the tennis, Jack and Thomas drink whisky, Jack Daniels.......Oh-forget-about-it! :o
acfrogg   01-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I thought it was Iverson because of Kate, but she could have kept her married name for the kids.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:Not sure if this was ever a subject on here, but I gotta ask...

Well, BK, I put my 2 cents in on an older thread. My belief is Jack is of Irish parentage because of a phrase his dad used in GATEWAYS: "Squeeze the life out of him.." My foster-folks were of Irish stock, I heard the phrase there first from Daddy, and have =never= heard it used by anybody but the Irish. Just putting another 2 cents in the meter...Wink
KRW   01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, BK, I put my 2 cents in on an older thread. My belief is Jack is of Irish parentage because of a phrase his dad used in GATEWAYS: "Squeeze the life out of him.." My foster-folks were of Irish stock, I heard the phrase there first from Daddy, and have =never= heard it used by anybody but the Irish. Just putting another 2 cents in the meter...Wink

I've heard it often and it had nothing to do with Irish ancestry some of the time. Maybe Jacks Puerto Rican.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
KRW Wrote:I've heard it often and it had nothing to do with Irish ancestry some of the time. Maybe Jacks Puerto Rican.

You've "heard it often," have you? Yeah, right.

Why are you so hostile tonight?
KRW   01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:You've "heard it often," have you? Yeah, right.

Why are you so hostile tonight?

I'm not. You doubt me on this, fine. Makes no differance to me.Rolleyes
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
KRW Wrote:I'm not. You doubt me on this, fine. Makes no differance to me.Rolleyes

"Your [sic} so full of shit." Your own words, Ken.
KRW   01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Your [sic} so full of shit." Your own words, Ken.

That's a differant thread, what's wrong with this one? As far as I know, nothing.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5