Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
"黒い風" is really awesome!

When my friend read synopsis, he said "Is F. Paul Wison a someone's pen name?" He misunderstood that "黒い風" was written by Japanese author.

This is not joke.Big Grin

I like 黒い風, too. First sequences were slow pace. But after Matsuo returned to Tokyo, the story's pace increased the speed. "黒い風" is a horror novel, but this is not only horror story. This is about loyalty, obligation, patriotism, friendship, love, betrayal.......

Yes, "黒い風" has worth to read.
mitch   01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Maggers Wrote:I also found "Black Wind" to be slow going at first. The pace does pick up, and it is an enjoyable read. I know BW is the favorite of many on this board. I liked it very much, but I wouldn't call it my favorite FPW work. It surely is worth reading though, believe me, it's memorable.
I felt the same way about this book, but you have to look at it on an epic scale. By the end of the book I was totally enthralled, waiting to see if Frank would ever redeem himself.
webby   01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Agree everyone who's posted so far. Although I haven't read all of FPW's books yet, I think it's safe to say that BW is his most literary work. Which often means you're going to spend a little more time getting to know the main characters so that you can appreciate all the subtleties of later actions.

It's an outstanding book. You'll be glad you kept reading.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave F   01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
If I was stranded on a desert island, and could only take 1 FPW book it would be Black Wind. The scope of the book magnificent.

Keep going I'm sure you'll appreciate it as it develops

The artist formally known as Britfan
Dave F   02-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Was Browsing Shocklines and noticed they are taking pre orders for the signed limited Black Wind, with option for personal inscription

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (2):    1 2