RepairmanJack.com Forums
Black Wind - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Black Wind (/thread-2150.html)

Pages: 1 2

Black Wind - tooleman - 01-14-2007

I'm finding BW to be a tad slow moving, Im just through the first 80 pages and it's not you're usual FPW ride. Is this the pace of the book, or does it continue this way? I'd like to open this for discussion; one, I'm curious; two, I'd like to hear th Form's response; three, need a spoiler or two!

Black Wind - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-14-2007

tooleman Wrote:I'm finding BW to be a tad slow moving, Im just through the first 80 pages and it's not you're usual FPW ride. Is this the pace of the book, or does it continue this way? I'd like to open this for discussion; one, I'm curious; two, I'd like to hear th Form's response; three, need a spoiler or two!

Initial pace nothwithstanding, tooleman, if horror--true horror--is what you crave, you will find it in BW. Paul thinks it's his finest novel. I'm kinda inclined to agree.

Black Wind - redheadmargo - 01-14-2007

I am in total agreement....by far, the best FPW I have read.......

Thanks, I'll continue reading with vgor and enthusiasm: Thank you for extrapolating - I've seldom had such direct direction.............

Black Wind - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-14-2007

tooleman Wrote:Thanks, I'll continue reading with vgor and enthusiasm: Thank you for extrapolating - I've seldom had such direct direction.............

Aw, you just wait, tooleman...things get INTENSE....but that's Paul's trademark, isn't it?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Aw, you just wait, tooleman...things get INTENSE....but that's Paul's trademark, isn't it?
Indubitably yes - a trademak.............I do so like the tang........

Black Wind - cobalt - 01-15-2007

Blackwind is one of my favorites. I wanted more when I finished the story, ya know....another book or two. Keep reading, the twists and the intertwined relationships are soooo good.

Black Wind - XamberB - 01-15-2007

cobalt79 Wrote:Blackwind is one of my favorites. I wanted more when I finished the story, ya know....another book or two. Keep reading, the twists and the intertwined relationships are soooo good.

It's an excellent book. My personal favorites are the old science fiction stories with Dalt. I remember reading them years ago, then couldn't find Dalt again until I joined this board. Smile

Black Wind - cobalt - 01-15-2007

XamberB Wrote:It's an excellent book. My personal favorites are the old science fiction stories with Dalt. I remember reading them years ago, then couldn't find Dalt again until I joined this board. Smile
KYFHO forever!

Black Wind - Maggers - 01-15-2007

tooleman Wrote:I'm finding BW to be a tad slow moving, Im just through the first 80 pages and it's not you're usual FPW ride. Is this the pace of the book, or does it continue this way? I'd like to open this for discussion; one, I'm curious; two, I'd like to hear th Form's response; three, need a spoiler or two!

I also found "Black Wind" to be slow going at first. The pace does pick up, and it is an enjoyable read. I know BW is the favorite of many on this board. I liked it very much, but I wouldn't call it my favorite FPW work. It surely is worth reading though, believe me, it's memorable.