Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
cobalt   12-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Wonderful.....another story, with more added even...[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

EWMAN
Keith the Elder   12-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Maggers Wrote:Of course there are. FPW always creates multifaceted characters, and Oz is one of the most interesting. Oz cares for and protects his brothers and sisters of the Otherness and gives them all a better life, with respect, than they had before they joined The Show. But cross Oz or try to hurt one of the members of The Show, and watch out! We got a taste of that in "All The Rage," and we see it in spades in "Freak Show."

SPOILER ALERT:

You are correct for the most part, Maggers, but what Oz did to to poor lad with neurofibromatosis was truly evil. I cried.
This post was last modified: 12-19-2006, 02:30 PM by Keith the Elder.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Maggers   12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ "FREAK SHOW"

Keith the Elder Wrote:You are correct for the most part, Maggers, but what Oz did to to poor lad with neurofibromatosis was truly evil. I cried.

True, too true. Guess I put that nasty part out of my head. But that's what makes Oz multi-faceted; he's capable of compassion and cruelty. Aren't we all?

I added a spoiler alert; I think there are a lot of folks who haven't read "Freak Show" yet.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Keith the Elder   12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Maggers Wrote:SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ "FREAK SHOW"

True, too true. Guess I put that nasty part out of my head. But that's what makes Oz multi-faceted; he's capable of compassion and cruelty. Aren't we all?

I added a spoiler alert; I think there are a lot of folks who haven't read "Freak Show" yet.

Oops. I went back and edited my post.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Kenji   01-13-2007, 05:38 AM
fpw Wrote:
Because the real title is an unpronounceable, indecipherable triple overprint that won't reproduce here. It was first published in the David Copperfield anthology (see biblio)

FPW

Paul,

Today I found out "David Copperfield's Tales of the Impossible" in used book store, and I bought it. Because it contained your short story. I've never seen that title in "The Barrens and Others" and "Soft & Others". I couldn't even read the title. So I bought it.

I returned to home, and I wasn't sure whether somebody mentioned this story or not. So I searched word "Copperfield".....Aaaaand, here I found out! For some reason I missed this post. (Or I forgot it?) :o

At first I thought I should wait for "Aftershock & Others". But....it's too late. I bought it already. Well, it's okay. It contained Ray Bradbury and Matthew Costello's stories,too. Big Grin

Besides, how could I know "@&#$%" is "An unpronounceable, indecipherable triple overprint"? :confused:
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5