Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
APhew   03-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I thought I read various hints that F. Paul had mentioned this anthology could be a possibility. Anyone that was at GU3, or the man himself, care to enlighten those of us not "special" enough to be at GU3?
Scott Hajek   03-05-2004, 04:40 PM
APhew Wrote:I thought I read various hints that F. Paul had mentioned this anthology could be a possibility. Anyone that was at GU3, or the man himself, care to enlighten those of us not "special" enough to be at GU3?

Aftershocks and Others will cover the short stories published up through the end of 2000 that had not been collected in Soft or Barrens. This is one question I did actually get to ask.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jimbow8   03-05-2004, 05:33 PM
I kept meaning to ask him and then forgetting. So this collection will include The Wringer and the Joker story, etc?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Paul R   03-07-2004, 06:11 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I kept meaning to ask him and then forgetting. So this collection will include The Wringer and the Joker story, etc?

I think the Joker story was in The Barrens. But I could be wrong - it's been known on occasions.
Biggles   03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Paul R Wrote:I think the Joker story was in The Barrens. But I could be wrong - it's been known on occasions.

Aye Laddie! The Joker story was in The Barrens under the title "Definitive Therapy". And a bonny story it was, don't ye see.

Damn! I gotta stop drinkin' single malt Scotch whilst I'm doin' plumbin' 'round the castle--er--house.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   03-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Paul R Wrote:I think the Joker story was in The Barrens.

Correct. AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS will contain all my short fiction (sans the Midnight Mass triptych) written in the 90's plus 2000. This will be a big collection but not as big as you'd think. I was involved in interactive media and FTL during that period and so my short story output dropped off accordingly.

I intend the interstitial material to contain lots of tidbits about what was going on in my writing life in and around the reprinted stories. These collections are about as close as I'll ever get to autobiography.

FPW
Biggles   03-07-2004, 06:32 PM
fpw Wrote:Correct. AFTERSHOCK & OTHERS will contain all my short fiction (sans the Midnight Mass triptych) written in the 90's plus 2000. This will be a big collection but not as big as you'd think. I was involved in interactive media and FTL during that period and so my short story output dropped off accordingly.

I intend the interstitial material to contain lots of tidbits about what was going on in my writing life in and around the reprinted stories. These collections are about as close as I'll ever get to autobiography.

FPW

Maybe my thoughts are clouded by plumbing and single malt scotch, but what the core is "FTL"?

Lisa   03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Biggles Wrote:Maybe my thoughts are clouded by plumbing and single malt scotch, but what the core is "FTL"?

FTL Newsfeed was a pretend newsfeed from the future that the Sci Fi Channel used to run between shows in the early 90s. It was really cool. I even liked it before I knew that FPW wrote it! ;-)

Lisa
Scott Hajek   03-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Are there any short stories out there (or soon to be published in an anthology) that will not be collected and reprinted? I can understand waiting for some time before there would be enough for a new volume, but if there is one that will only ever be available in one particular source.... I want to get it before it's too late.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Biggles   03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Are there any short stories out there (or soon to be published in an anthology) that will not be collected and reprinted? I can understand waiting for some time before there would be enough for a new volume, but if there is one that will only ever be available in one particular source.... I want to get it before it's too late.

Careful now Scott. You're sounding like a "completist". Query: If you're not completely "completist", can you be partially "completist"?

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5