Noelie   07-04-2004, 01:22 PM
I just finished reading Sibs. Anyone but me think it was perhaps one of the most disturbing books you've ever read? I was floored. What a great book.
Scott Miller   07-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Noelie Wrote:I just finished reading Sibs. Anyone but me think it was perhaps one of the most disturbing books you've ever read? I was floored. What a great book.

It will only be the most disturbing book you've ever read until you read the next book by him. The are no depths to which his depravity won't sink-THANK GOODNESS.

For my money, his short story, Foet, was his most twisted piece of work. Just thinking about it makes want to take a shower (shudder).

Scott

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   07-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Noelie Wrote:I just finished reading Sibs. Anyone but me think it was perhaps one of the most disturbing books you've ever read? I was floored. What a great book.
I was most disturbed by Sibs and by The Select. If you haven't read that, DO IT NOW!!!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Noelie   07-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Hehe. I was just looking at the stack of books I got yesterday and wondering which to read next. I just moved The Select to the top of the pile.
Paul R   07-04-2004, 05:52 PM

Have to agree. Sibs (or Sister Night as us UK dwellers have to call it!) and Black Wind have been vying for the number 1 position ever since I read them.
Kenji   07-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Paul R Wrote:Have to agree. Sibs (or Sister Night as us UK dwellers have to call it!) and Black Wind have been vying for the number 1 position ever since I read them.

Sister Night? It's interesting. We call it "Yami kara umareta onna". Wink