Reacher   01-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi all.

I read a short story called Interlude at Duane's by Mr. Wilson. I love the Repairman Jack character and want to read the novels but I've read conflicting info on the chronology of the books.

Books & Bytes website has "The Tomb" as the first in the series but also second in the Adversary Cycle and does not have "The Last Rakosh" as a novel in the series.

Fantastic Fiction website has "Legacies" as the first in the series and "The Last Rakosh" as book nine.

Could someone please tell me the order of the series. Thanks
Silverfish   01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the board. There is info about the chornology of the various series here at the BOOKS link at the top of the page. The Tomb is indeed the first of the RJ series. It is awesome. Hang on for the ride of your life, and stick around on the board too.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Ken Valentine   01-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Reacher Wrote:Hi all.

Books & Bytes website has "The Tomb" as the first in the series but also second in the Adversary Cycle and does not have "The Last Rakosh" as a novel in the series.

This is correct.

The Adversary Cycle consists of six novels, and THE TOMB is the second of the series.

When FPW began to write more RJ books what he effectively did was to take Jack onto a parallel course with the rest of the novels in the AC. At the end of it all, everything comes back together in NIGHTWORLD.

The RJ books are -- in sequence -- THE TOMB, LEGACIES, CONSPIRACIES, ALL THE RAGE, HOSTS, THE HAUNTED AIR, GATEWAYS, CRISSCROSS, INFERNAL, HARBINGERS, and the soon-to-be-published, BLOODLINE.

THE LAST RAKOSH was originally a short story which was worked into in ALL THE RAGE.

Hope this helps.

Ken V.
cobalt   01-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome Reacher. What both Ken and Stephanie wrote will help you read the stories in sequence. Also check out the cross reference section in the top heading. This will help with a time line for the series. I suggest you start with the Adversary series but leave Nightworld out of the mix for now. Once you start the RMJ saga, Nightworld read too soon will spoil the surprises!

EWMAN
Maggers   01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Ditto to what everyone else has said. There's lots of helpful information on this board if you take a look at the assorted links on the menu.

Be sure to catch FPW's non-RJ books, too. He's written some great medical thrillers and other types of books. My favorite is "Deep as the Marrow," and many folks think "Black Wind" is FPW's best book ever.

Welcome and enjoy!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Reacher   01-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks a bunch everyone!
Biggles   01-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Maggers Wrote:Ditto to what everyone else has said. There's lots of helpful information on this board if you take a look at the assorted links on the menu.

Be sure to catch FPW's non-RJ books, too. He's written some great medical thrillers and other types of books. My favorite is "Deep as the Marrow," and many folks think "Black Wind" is FPW's best book ever.

Welcome and enjoy!

To add to what Maggers has said, make sure you look into Paul's short story collections, and his early sci-fi short stories and novellas as well. Let us know what you like to read, and we'll suggest titles for you!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Reacher   01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks again everyone. I just ordered THE TOMB from Amazon. My local Barnes & Noble doesn't have any of Mr. Wilson's books. :mad:
Biggles   01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Reacher Wrote:Thanks again everyone. I just ordered THE TOMB from Amazon. My local Barnes & Noble doesn't have any of Mr. Wilson's books. :mad:

Not surprising. B&N isn't much help around me either. Try Borders as well, but Amazon is hard to beat, with free shipping and all.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"