GeraldRice   01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
The next movie coming up in my queue. I read about it in Fangoria and had to pick it up. It's an alien-napping in reverse about four guys who were abducted as teens (actually five, but one didn't survive). I'll let you all know how it was once I get it (if the post office ever opens again).

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I saw this last night. It's one of those movies that's best enjoyed at home. My wife didn't like it, but I did (and it gave her a scare or two). The production is great, so are the set and the sound. What's immediately lacking are two of the friends being stock characters- unless they were side-by-side I couldn't tell them apart.

But the alien was cool. It's hard to kill, enduring a shot gun blast, being harpooned, getting its foot caught in a bear trap--they think it's as simple as kidnapping an alien and torturing it to death as they were tortured when they were abducted. But a less willing friend has a pretty reasonable reason as to why killing it is a bad, bad idea.

Things quickly spiral out of control after they bring it back in chains to one friend's garage. The last thing I have to add is WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE INTESTINES SCENE. Guh-ROO-ling.

A good addition to anyone's queue.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   08-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Anyone see this yet?

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
bones weep tedium   08-17-2007, 07:07 AM
My partner and I watched this film a few months ago. I must say that our experince sounds similar to you and your wife; I liked it, she didnt.

Maybe it's a boy's film? :confused:

I thought that for a cheap little film it was pretty good. I agree that a couple of the characters are a bit rubbish, but I thought that the ace hero made up for it. The monster was pretty naff (I thought the Age Of The Grey Alien had passed?) but the way they filmed around it was typically effective, despite how many times I've seen it done before.

All in all I'm glad I watched it, but I wish I hadnt bought it. I had a zero replay factor.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
GeraldRice   08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Have to agree. I don't have an urge to see it again. When it comes on HBO or something I'll watch it if there's nothing else on.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Dr. Trilobite   08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
There was a lot to be impressed by, but it was mixed in with a whole lot of stuff that was disappointingly typical. I loved the atmosphere, which the music deserves a lot of credit for. The premise and little tidbits of backstory were unusual and very interesting. And it was all genuinely scary. Still, there was not enough good and too much suck.

Guy's wife was gorgeous, though.