G Ross Key   07-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Just finished "The Haunted Air," and I must say it's my favorite Repairman Jack story yet. I like haunted house stories anyway, so to tie in the ghost of the girl into the Otherness and to also pull in another strand involving the Circle really made this an engrossing read for me. What really made it work, however, was the vested interest I developed in the characters. The Kentons were very likable and interesting characters, and I can't help but want to see them again in future volumes.
fpw   07-03-2004, 11:28 PM
G Ross Key Wrote:The Kentons were very likable and interesting characters, and I can't help but want to see them again in future volumes.

Haven't decided for sure yet, but they may appear in the next RJ - INFERNAL

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
sublime1983   07-03-2004, 11:55 PM
fpw Wrote:Haven't decided for sure yet, but they may appear in the next RJ - INFERNAL

I haven't gone back and read everything so this question may have already been explained. My Unk was telling me about how you weren't going to write another story past Nightcrawlers or Night something (I'm sorry, haven't gotten that far in the series yet. Only read Keep, Tomb, Legacies, and finishing MidMass). I'm guessing that you are telling a lot of stories that ocuried inbetween the books? And was the Tomb the first? Nightbook last?

I was also curious, and this is for everyone, but what kind of order should I be reading these books? If I read something ahead of something else, would I be ruining something? Any help would be nice.

And I was also noticing book titles that aren't FPW's, or at least I thought so. Do they tie in some way? I was trying to follow that criss cross thing but it really didn't work for me. What other books should I read that could help out in this series.

I'm pathetic, I know.

Rob

There was once a man who was all obsessed with the strangest things. Like Nestle Quik, original cdr's and Afro-sheen. He built himself his dome, never left his home, decided life is much better when you're on your own. You might not want my opinion, but he coulda been on to something good.

Josh
Scott Miller   07-04-2004, 03:30 AM
sublime1983 Wrote:I haven't gone back and read everything so this question may have already been explained. My Unk was telling me about how you weren't going to write another story past Nightcrawlers or Night something (I'm sorry, haven't gotten that far in the series yet. Only read Keep, Tomb, Legacies, and finishing MidMass). I'm guessing that you are telling a lot of stories that ocuried inbetween the books? And was the Tomb the first? Nightbook last?

I was also curious, and this is for everyone, but what kind of order should I be reading these books? If I read something ahead of something else, would I be ruining something? Any help would be nice.

And I was also noticing book titles that aren't FPW's, or at least I thought so. Do they tie in some way? I was trying to follow that criss cross thing but it really didn't work for me. What other books should I read that could help out in this series.

I'm pathetic, I know.

Rob

The FAQ tab at the top of the page will cure what ails ya, at least as far as the proper reading order is concerned.

Scott

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Barry Lee Dejasu   07-04-2004, 10:47 AM
sublime1983 Wrote:I haven't gone back and read everything so this question may have already been explained. My Unk was telling me about how you weren't going to write another story past Nightcrawlers or Night something (I'm sorry, haven't gotten that far in the series yet. Only read Keep, Tomb, Legacies, and finishing MidMass). I'm guessing that you are telling a lot of stories that ocuried inbetween the books? And was the Tomb the first? Nightbook last?

I'm pathetic, I know.

Rob
Just be sure you don't read Nightworld until it gets revised in 2006 or so. Many will disagree, but I'm probably (one of) the most patient member(s) on this board. Nightworld is the endcap to the entire AC/RJ series, and because FPW has been re-writing RJ's history (literally), Nightworld has to be revised someday. Thus, save the fun for later.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
sublime1983   07-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:The FAQ tab at the top of the page will cure what ails ya, at least as far as the proper reading order is concerned.

Scott

Thanks. Both of you two.

There was once a man who was all obsessed with the strangest things. Like Nestle Quik, original cdr's and Afro-sheen. He built himself his dome, never left his home, decided life is much better when you're on your own. You might not want my opinion, but he coulda been on to something good.

Josh
Animagess   07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
'All The Rage' is still my favorite, but HA is great too. ...So Lyle and Charlie may return? I await the situations that may arise from having an intangible spirit that can move things around on the good guy's side.

When Nightworld is revised, does that mean no more RJ? Or is it just going to be paved over everytime a new book is written?

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
scrabby23   07-09-2004, 03:14 AM
yea haunted air was my first and favorite RJ book too. ive since read the first two which were awesome but dindt quite hit the spot as well as haunted. but like you i also like the whole haunted house'ghosts theme and i LOVED the kentons characters.. they made for a very interesting setting and situationsl.
TinyRick   01-26-2022, 10:46 AM
I loved Haunted Air and it remains one of my favorite RJ books. However I found Gia?s behavior it?s so extremely annoying that I was hoping that she would be killed by the end of the book. She was acting so stupid and so irrational and so out of character. I try to explain that it was pregnancy hormones but I?m still not buying it. It?s still frustrating and to this day that when I reread it I usually skip all of her dialogue.

It?s kind of how I feel every time Jack gets tricked once again by a location tracer. You figure by now he would?ve clued in on that.