Pages (2): 1 2   
GeraldRice   12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
This looks a lot better than I was expecting from Michael Bey.

More Than Meets the Eye

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:This looks a lot better than I was expecting from Michael Bey.

More Than Meets the Eye

I was rendered almost speechless when I saw it.

I think this is an excitement to rival that I have over Spider-Man 3 - and that's saying a lot.

I've only been a "true" fan of Mr. Bay's since The Island, but this trailer...

I'm game!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
GeraldRice   12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
The Island? I hope you're being sarcastic. That movie employed every movie cliche you can think of.

I couldn't even make it past the halfway point.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-20-2006, 06:57 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:The Island? I hope you're being sarcastic. That movie employed every movie cliche you can think of.

I couldn't even make it past the halfway point.

...mmnh, actually I'm not. I'm part of the (very) small crowd that enjoyed it. It's fun.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Auskar   12-21-2006, 01:33 AM
"The Island" sort of pissed me off because it was basically "Logan's Run," only pretending that it was something entirely new and not associated with "Logan's Run."

Anyway, some of the Transformers in the clip looked cool, some looked kind of hokey. We'll see. Often, movies that rely strongly on special effects have no real story and become unininteresting. Maybe this one will have a story.

I think I would have rather seen a RoboTech movie, though.

IF this keeps up, pretty soon we'll have Solid Snake and Metal Gears running around on-screen, but no Repairman Jack. Maybe if we had a science fiction type Repairman Jack, that would have more chance. New idea for a new series?
Sigokat   12-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Hmmm, looks interesting. The trailer really didn't show enough of the Transformers to tell how good it will be. Optimus Prime was only shown once from the back and I see they added a new Mustang to the crew.

Just have to wait and see if this will be any good, but you know it'll make money no matter what.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Kenji   12-21-2006, 10:42 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:This looks a lot better than I was expecting from Michael Bey.

More Than Meets the Eye

Hmm....looks good! I'll go to check it in a theater! Smile
GeraldRice   12-21-2006, 10:52 AM
I think the Mustang is supposed to be Bumblebee. They changed Optimus Prime to have flame decals; I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

One thing I'm wondering: product placement has become ever more popular in movies. If anyone remembers the freeway chase scene in the Matrix 2, all the vehicles prominently displayed were GM; the CTS the agents had, the Escalade Morpheus slashed with the sword--I wonder if most of the cars will be Ford. I know there's a Hummer in there at least.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Kenji   12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:...mmnh, actually I'm not. I'm part of the (very) small crowd that enjoyed it. It's fun.

Hey, Barry. I'm one of small crowds, too.

I like "The Island". It's exciting entertainment action movie. Just sit on sofa, popcorn in the right hand, beer in the left hand.....Wink
Sigokat   12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:I think the Mustang is supposed to be Bumblebee. They changed Optimus Prime to have flame decals; I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

One thing I'm wondering: product placement has become ever more popular in movies. If anyone remembers the freeway chase scene in the Matrix 2, all the vehicles prominently displayed were GM; the CTS the agents had, the Escalade Morpheus slashed with the sword--I wonder if most of the cars will be Ford. I know there's a Hummer in there at least.

Yeah, I didn't think about Bumblebee until after I posted that. And I don't know what to think about OPs flames yet either, but as of right now I don't like them (I really don't like flames on cars anyways though)

Did you notice the little girl at the end had a My Little Pony stuffed animal? Another Hasbro toy...

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (2): 1 2