Animagess   07-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Just picked up a copy of The Touch from a used book store.

I wonder why it is that wherever I go, there will inevitably be a copy of Mirage, a copy of the Keep, two or three of The Select, and about five copies of Implant. I have never seen The Tomb grace the shelves of anyplace. Every single other book, except for that one. I think I've mentioned my library has every RJ novel except for The Tomb.

So. Where have ya'll encountered FPW's books, and to what quantity of each?

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
thisisatest   07-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Animagess Wrote:Just picked up a copy of The Touch from a used book store.

I wonder why it is that wherever I go, there will inevitably be a copy of Mirage, a copy of the Keep, two or three of The Select, and about five copies of Implant. I have never seen The Tomb grace the shelves of anyplace. Every single other book, except for that one. I think I've mentioned my library has every RJ novel except for The Tomb.

So. Where have ya'll encountered FPW's books, and to what quantity of each?

Steve D
I'm speaking for the Orange County/Los Angeles County areas of Sunny California where I spend a Saturday morning to late afternoon shopping for my horror needs. I always find several copies of The Select (hardback! mostly book-club), and a few of the Adversary Cycle, which I always buy whether in hardback or softback, as long as they are in very good to excellent condition. Lately, I've come across and purchased three (count 'em, three) copies of Black Wind, First hardback editions. Copies of The Keep, The Tomb, or Nightworld automatically go to eBay and will continue to do so until we get that Repairmanjack Message Board Book Trading Club underway (is anyone working on that? I recall there was some talk in the recent past). I'm a big fan of James Herbert, Graham Masterton, Jack Ketchum, Dennis Etchison (sic), and more than I can list here. I'd be more than happy to trade my extra F. Paul Wilson doubles and triples to the RJ Gang rather than put them on eBay. Give me a hollar when the Trading Club is concretized. Or maybe we could have a trading party at the GU-4? Hmmm....
Biggles   07-06-2004, 09:29 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
I'm speaking for the Orange County/Los Angeles County areas of Sunny California where I spend a Saturday morning to late afternoon shopping for my horror needs. I always find several copies of The Select (hardback! mostly book-club), and a few of the Adversary Cycle, which I always buy whether in hardback or softback, as long as they are in very good to excellent condition. Lately, I've come across and purchased three (count 'em, three) copies of Black Wind, First hardback editions. Copies of The Keep, The Tomb, or Nightworld automatically go to eBay and will continue to do so until we get that Repairmanjack Message Board Book Trading Club underway (is anyone working on that? I recall there was some talk in the recent past). I'm a big fan of James Herbert, Graham Masterton, Jack Ketchum, Dennis Etchison (sic), and more than I can list here. I'd be more than happy to trade my extra F. Paul Wilson doubles and triples to the RJ Gang rather than put them on eBay. Give me a hollar when the Trading Club is concretized. Or maybe we could have a trading party at the GU-4? Hmmm....

I still need first edition, first printings of The Tomb, The Touch, and Nightworld. I've got the other three already. You have extras of those, nu?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
thisisatest   07-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Biggles Wrote:I still need first edition, first printings of The Tomb, The Touch, and Nightworld. I've got the other three already. You have extras of those, nu?

Steve D
Hardback or softback. I got a softback of The Touch and The Tomb and a small hardback (which may be book-club) of Nightworld. This went on eBay and zilch; whereas the larger edition gets multi-bids. By the by, I've never seen second editions of either The Tomb or The Touch--only first printings. Anyone know the printing history of the Adversary Cycle?
fpw   07-07-2004, 08:04 AM
thisisatest Wrote:By the by, I've never seen second editions of either The Tomb or The Touch--only first printings. Anyone know the printing history of the Adversary Cycle?

The Tomb
hc had only one edition with and 1800-or-so copy run. The paperback had 6 or seven printings under the Berkley imprint and many more after moving to the Jove imprint. (The Tor edition just went back to press.)

The Touch hc went into 3 printings (plus a book club edition).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
thisisatest   07-07-2004, 10:30 PM
fpw Wrote:
The Tomb
hc had only one edition with and 1800-or-so copy run. The paperback had 6 or seven printings under the Berkley imprint and many more after moving to the Jove imprint. (The Tor edition just went back to press.)

Steve D
Thanks for the info. May I suggest we add this and the info on the other first and limited "rare" editions to the FAQs? Maybe even the ARCs and Creepy and Eerie mags? Seems there's a lot of completists on the board.
Biggles   07-08-2004, 01:45 AM
fpw Wrote:
The Tomb

Which explains why I may have to settle for an ex-library first/first of The Tomb and The Touch. I would really like to find ARCs of each though.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   07-08-2004, 07:41 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Thanks for the info. May I suggest we add this and the info on the other first and limited "rare" editions to the FAQs? Maybe even the ARCs and Creepy and Eerie mags? Seems there's a lot of completists on the board.

Most is available in the bibliography download.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.