Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Dave F   12-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Tried to download from Amazon.com but apparently it can't be downloaded to the UK (and amazon.co.uk don't sell it) :mad:

Any other way to get a hold of this story?

The artist formally known as Britfan
ccosborne3   12-04-2006, 04:57 PM
It's available in the anthology book, Dark At Heart. It's pretty good too. I like the Jack stories grounded in reality.
Dave F   12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It's available in the anthology book, Dark At Heart. It's pretty good too. I like the Jack stories grounded in reality.

Thanks, I'll give B&N a try to see if I can get one

The artist formally known as Britfan
Silverfish   12-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I hate it when cool stuff is available for US residents only. It irks me.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Ken Valentine   12-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Silverfish Wrote:
I hate it when cool stuff is available for US residents only. It irks me.

Stephanie

It works both ways. Wink

Ken V.
Silverfish   12-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:It works both ways. Wink

What do you want that is in Canada that you can't get in the States? Snow? Cause I've got lots of that.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
webby   12-05-2006, 01:48 AM
How odd that a thread about this story came up just now. My mom is in town for her annual Christmas visit and I've been telling her about RJ for a while, but she has no interest whatsoever in anything supernatural or spooky. So I gave her my copy of "The Long Way Home" to read since it isn't spooky at all. She liked it a lot. Smile

If there's enough time (tomorrow is her last day in KC), I'll have her read "Interlude at Duane's" from the Thriller anthology. Or mabye I'll just let her take the book home with her. She likes thrillers, just not supernatural ones.

BTW - my mom drove through a blizzard that hit the Milwaukee/Chicago area on Friday to get here to KC for this visit. *sniff* I have the best mom!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ken Valentine   12-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Silverfish Wrote:What do you want that is in Canada that you can't get in the States? Snow? Cause I've got lots of that.

Bick's Polski Ogorki.

Ken V.
ccosborne3   12-05-2006, 03:28 AM
webby Wrote:How odd that a thread about this story came up just now. My mom is in town for her annual Christmas visit and I've been telling her about RJ for a while, but she has no interest whatsoever in anything supernatural or spooky. So I gave her my copy of "The Long Way Home" to read since it isn't spooky at all. She liked it a lot. Smile

If there's enough time (tomorrow is her last day in KC), I'll have her read "Interlude at Duane's" from the Thriller anthology. Or mabye I'll just let her take the book home with her. She likes thrillers, just not supernatural ones.

BTW - my mom drove through a blizzard that hit the Milwaukee/Chicago area on Friday to get here to KC for this visit. *sniff* I have the best mom!

Slide her A Day In The Life. Of all the Jack stories (even the novels) it's my favorite.
fpw   12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
[SIZE="3"]Why doesn't someone who has "The Long Way Home" simply shoot a copy to Britfan / Dave? I'd do it but I'm not at my home computer.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (3): 1 2 3