Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Maggers Wrote:I noticed that no one has posted in the political threads since 12/6, and today is 12/11. That's a long time for silence on those threads. I guess that's because people are converting innocent FPW threads and others into political threads. Big Grin

To stick to the topic here, I'd have to agree with Barry that tip-toeing through the Rakoshi nest is a brilliant scene.

Couldn't agree more. But I loved most, when Jack got Vicky back, said simply, righteously, "I lied," and used his flamethrower.
webby   12-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Maggers Wrote:I noticed that no one has posted in the political threads since 12/6, and today is 12/11. That's a long time for silence on those threads. I guess that's because people are converting innocent FPW threads and others into political threads. Big Grin

I thought it was just the Christmas spirit. Big Grin

Still, I found some new info today that I wanted to tell everyone about and I started a new thread in the Political Forum. It could've gone into "Off Topic" but it could easily turn more political so I played it safe and plunked it down there from the get-go. Wink

Maggers Wrote:To stick to the topic here, I'd have to agree with Barry that tip-toeing through the Rakoshi nest is a brilliant scene.

Agree with that scene. Also near the end when Jack brings Vicky safely to shore but then he, Abe and Gia have to battle Scarlip. Very cool.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Whether or not space exploration is necessary does not justify the staggering amount of theft used to finance it.

I find it interesting that the government has virtually BANNED private space exploration -- I wonder why they did that. Could it be because it they couldn't stand the thought of competition?

Besides, ALL of the devices and vehicles used to explore space are created by private enterprise. All the government does is to hand over the stolen funds and wave the baton.

It's the same with everything else the government does. From the "Government Model" handgun to ballistic missles, everything is actually done by private enterprise -- including building roads.

Ken V.
''

If by your definition all taxes are theft--and I can see the point--we disagree on a basic level. If, Ken, you'd lived in, say, 800 AD in England, would you have paid a certain tribute to the local ruler or have gone down fighting?
Maggers   12-11-2006, 05:33 PM
webby Wrote:... Also near the end when Jack brings Vicky safely to shore but then he, Abe and Gia have to battle Scarlip. Very cool.

Yet another great scene. I also like the scene in the temple in India when little Kusum fights the first Westphalen and all the Rakoshi (nearly) go up in smoke.

webby Wrote:Still, I found some new info today that I wanted to tell everyone about and I started a new thread in the Political Forum. It could've gone into "Off Topic" but it could easily turn more political so I played it safe and plunked it down there from the get-go.

Thanks, Webby, for respecting the sections of this board and keeping politics where they belong. I wish others were as considerate as you are.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yet another great scene. I also like the scene in the temple in India when little Kusum fights the first Westphalen and all the Rakoshi (nearly) go up in smoke.

Thanks, Webby, for respecting the sections of this board and keeping politics where they belong. I wish others were as considerate as you are.

Hear, hear, Maggers! So very true!
Ken Valentine   12-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:''

If by your definition all taxes are theft--and I can see the point--we disagree on a basic level.

That's because you haven't thought it through . . . or you're fundamentally dishonest.

Quote:If, Ken, you'd lived in, say, 800 AD in England, would you have paid a certain tribute to the local ruler or have gone down fighting?

Hard to say, if I lived in the ninth century, I would be a very different individual -- unable to read or write, no knowledge of freedom, no chance of changing the situation.

On the other hand, feudal serfs paid only half the taxes that Americans do today. (They "owed" three months labor to the Lord of the Manor.)

I don't have to ask what you'd do in that situation. It would be the same thing you do today . . . submit and make excuses for the situation.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   12-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Hear, hear, Maggers! So very true!

Says he who started it!

Ken V.
tooleman   12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
mitch Wrote:What was your favorite moment in The Tomb?

Mine was when Jack elects to torch Kusum with the flamethrower (very awesome FPW) rather than fight him hand to hand...Jack's only concern is Vicky, let Kusum have his honor
When Jack and the Mother Rakosh are dancing on the roof..............

tooleman
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Says he who started it!

Ken V.

Oh yeah, Ken, I'm certainly alone in that!
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5