Pages (3):    1 2 3
jimbow8   12-22-2006, 11:31 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Borders is asking for a show of how many copies you would like to order. No release date yet, but you can line up....to get on the list for the book....before the line starts :confused:
So it's not actually an order but a show of how many you will order? Weird. Why not just start taking orders? :confused:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   12-22-2006, 11:35 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:So it's not actually an order but a show of how many you will order? Weird. Why not just start taking orders? :confused:
I have no idea. I found the e-mail message this morning. I thought I was going to be able to pre-order a copy. Instead, I can submit my e-mail address for how many I want to order. WHEN they e-mail back, it will be the release date, then I THINK I can order. Now you know why I'm confused.....:confused: :confused:

EWMAN
jimbow8   12-22-2006, 12:20 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I have no idea. I found the e-mail message this morning. I thought I was going to be able to pre-order a copy. Instead, I can submit my e-mail address for how many I want to order. WHEN they e-mail back, it will be the release date, then I THINK I can order. Now you know why I'm confused.....:confused: :confused:
I think I got the same email. Yeah, it makes no sense. If they can store your info, why not just start taking orders? Unless they can't (or aren't allowed to) take orders before an official release date. In which case, why bother signing up at all? Just wait til the date is released.

..... Now I'm just confusing myself. Big Grin :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
webby   12-22-2006, 12:30 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I think I got the same email. Yeah, it makes no sense. If they can store your info, why not just start taking orders? Unless they can't (or aren't allowed to) take orders before an official release date. In which case, why bother signing up at all? Just wait til the date is released.

..... Now I'm just confusing myself. Big Grin :p

I got that email too but now I'm too confused to click the link it it. Big Grin

Blake Wrote:A lot of people have been saying that, for whatever reason, but there is no official release date yet. Maybe it'll happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think somebody just got the idea in their head that 07/07/07 was somehow "significant." Unless Rowling agrees -- and finishes the book very, very soon -- I doubt that'll be the date.

Blake

07/07/07 is significant in that it is the 100th birthday of Robert Heinlein, but I don't imagine that has any bearing on the release of the Harry Potter book. Wink

Still, releasing the 7th Harry Potter on 07/07/07 would be pretty cool....

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (3):    1 2 3