Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
Kenji   11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
No Anthiny Hopkins........? Yep, this movie is about Young Lector. I thought Jude Law plays young Lector, but....who is Gaspard Ulliel?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367959/
This post was last modified: 04-21-2007, 08:24 AM by Kenji.
Auskar   11-12-2006, 03:01 AM
If you want to see the first appearance of Hannibal Lector in a movie, watch "Manhunter."
Kenji   11-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Auskar Wrote:If you want to see the first appearance of Hannibal Lector in a movie, watch "Manhunter."

I saw "Manhunter", but I didn't like it. William Petersen was good.
XamberB   11-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Kenji Wrote:I saw "Manhunter", but I didn't like it. William Petersen was good.

Silence of the Lambs was a perfect movie. I didn't like Manhunter either and the book was very good.

This is why I'm almost afraid to see a Repairman Jack movie - it could be extremely good or absolutely terrible depending on the director, writer, etc.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Dave F   11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
XamberB Wrote:Silence of the Lambs was a perfect movie. I didn't like Manhunter either and the book was very good.

This is why I'm almost afraid to see a Repairman Jack movie - it could be extremely good or absolutely terrible depending on the director, writer, etc.

Hmmm all this Manhunter dislike, wouldn't have anything to do with it being a Michael Mann film woud it??????????Big Grin

The artist formally known as Britfan
Auskar   11-12-2006, 11:21 PM
I thought Manhunter was brilliant for its time, and it is the reason I read the book Red Dragon and later, Silence of the Lambs. I don't have anything against Michael Mann at all and think he has made some great movies.

Oh. I just realized he made "The Keep." You're right. I didn't like that movie.
Maggers   11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Auskar Wrote:I thought Manhunter was brilliant for its time, and it is the reason I read the book Red Dragon and later, Silence of the Lambs. I don't have anything against Michael Mann at all and think he has made some great movies.

I agree, I really liked "Manhunter" and I read "Red Dragon" and "Silence of the Lambs" (twice) because of Michael Mann's "Manhunter."

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

XamberB   11-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Britfan Wrote:Hmmm all this Manhunter dislike, wouldn't have anything to do with it being a Michael Mann film woud it??????????Big Grin

Who is Michael Mann?

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Ken Valentine   11-13-2006, 02:44 AM
XamberB Wrote:Who is Michael Mann?

He's a movie director.

He's the one who directed the movie version of THE KEEP . . . which it seems, he has since disowned. He also directed THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, which is a favorite of a number of us on this board.

Those are the only two movies of his that I've seen . . . that I know of.

Ken V.
Auskar   11-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Michael Mann movies:
  • Thief
  • The Keep
  • Manhunter
  • L.A. Takedown
  • The Last of the Mohicans
  • Heat
  • The Insider
  • Ali
  • Collateral
  • Miami Vice
After the first four, Mann settled down and the quality has been pretty good. Heat was a most excellent movie, for example.

Michael Mann also made a made-for-TV movie called "The Jericho Mile" starring Peter Strauss (I think) which was a about a miler who was in prison and was an excellent movie, but he is most famous for the television series, "Miami Vice."
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5