Manda_W   11-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I just noticed something

In Hosts, page 78 (paperback) a man surprises Jack and Kate, he states, "A spear has no branches" and then appears to be coming out of a trance.

WOW, amazing what you find when you read previous books again with the knowledge of later.

I am sure someone has posted this before, but I just found it and have yet to see this mentioned.

Even then, the Ally was trying to preen the branches from Jack's spear.
HaroldDemure   11-04-2006, 06:12 PM
nice find. as soon as i finish the new Steven King book, i plan on re-reading the Jack saga. needless to say, i am excited to read them again with a little bit more knowledge of what's to come.
cobalt   11-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Good find Manda, I don't remember that. Just like Harold, I plan to re-read the stories from the beginning. Might even keep a list of all the references to a spear and other things I re-discover.
This post was last modified: 11-04-2006, 09:13 PM by cobalt.

EWMAN
furin   11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Seeing as I just finished rereading that I saw that too and was like "oh my god". It also says it again at the end of the book.

Also in Hosts, it describes basically the same concept of removing branches from a spear at some point in it, although I don't know where exactly.

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. Its about dealing with the consequences."
webby   11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I was just re-reading Conspiricies and found something similar. The first night of the SESOUP conference, Mauricio is fussing at Rasalom for being impatient. He says "You have not dealt with The Lady". :eek:

I know I just zipped right on by that before!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   11-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Manda_W Wrote:I just noticed something

In Hosts, page 78 (paperback) a man surprises Jack and Kate, he states, "A spear has no branches" and then appears to be coming out of a trance.

WOW, amazing what you find when you read previous books again with the knowledge of later.

I am sure someone has posted this before, but I just found it and have yet to see this mentioned.

Even then, the Ally was trying to preen the branches from Jack's spear.

Good catch, Manda! Big Grin I didn't notice that.

[SIZE="3"]*****Major spoiler about Harbongers*****[/SIZE]

But as far as I read Harbingers, I thought "Harbingers" has a lot of underplots. I was surprised cause of Jack's mother's death were because of Ally. What a cruel world!
Dave F   11-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Really nice spot

I am going to have to start reading then all again as well

Which lets face it is no real heartache - because they are so wonderful to read

The artist formally known as Britfan
Sourdoughs   11-05-2006, 01:31 AM
I've been getting through a couple other books, but have been wanting to re-read the series (now starting with the revised edition of the Tomb). This is even more incentive.

-MarcC