furin   11-03-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I read on here that there was a dispute over what Jack's real age was, and I'm pretty sure I figured it out, and have proof to thus. The proof (that I think I have) both come from the book "All The Rage."

The first instance that lead me to the conclusion of Jack's age is on page 45 where Dr. Nadia Radzminsky described Jack in her thoughts.

"-midthirties, good looking but hardly dazzling..."

Then later on in the book, on page 98, Jack himself gives the clue to his age.

"..but I'm thinking maybe four or five more years and I'm out. I'll be fourty then."

After looking at both of these, especially the latter, Jack's age comes out to about 34 to 35 years old. Take in account for time changes in the later RJ books and there's your Jack age.

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. Its about dealing with the consequences."
Dave F   11-03-2006, 07:29 PM
furin Wrote:I'm pretty sure I read on here that there was a dispute over what Jack's real age was, and I'm pretty sure I figured it out, and have proof to thus. The proof (that I think I have) both come from the book "All The Rage."

The first instance that lead me to the conclusion of Jack's age is on page 45 where Dr. Nadia Radzminsky described Jack in her thoughts.

"-midthirties, good looking but hardly dazzling..."

Then later on in the book, on page 98, Jack himself gives the clue to his age.

"..but I'm thinking maybe four or five more years and I'm out. I'll be fourty then."

After looking at both of these, especially the latter, Jack's age comes out to about 34 to 35 years old. Take in account for time changes in the later RJ books and there's your Jack age.

Good spot - Keifer Sutherland is out then Wink

The artist formally known as Britfan
furin   11-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks.. ever since I read about the "what's jack's exact age" I been kinda looking for signs in the books as I re-read them. Finally found it.

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. Its about dealing with the consequences."
Manda_W   11-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Very nice detective work.