Scott Miller   11-02-2006, 06:31 PM
As far as remakes go, The Omen wasn't too bad. Its been years since I've seen the original and that perhaps increased my enjoyment because all I can remember from the first one are the big scenes, which they updated rather slickly. Everything about it was solid. You could do worse than renting it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
redheadmargo   11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I agree that this was a very good remake. The only thing missing was a bit of the suspensefullness (is that even a word???). I don't know, I just didn't have the feeling of being on edge like I did with the first. Still worth the rental cost though....
Noelie   11-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I actually really enjoyed it myself. I think any lack of suspense probably comes from it being pretty faithful to the original.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
deusexmachina   11-10-2006, 01:22 AM
I liked the new Omen very much, the way they stuck to the original but with a different visual style. I found some brushes of The Shining in it. The original is one of those movies that no matter when you watch it, it never feels old, not really a movie that actually needed a remake so it's good to know that the new one at least was good.

I was disappointed by Mrs. Thorne's death though, it was much better in the original.