Pages (3):    1 2 3
Scott Miller   03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I plan on seeing the movie soon no matter what, but I have to say that I've watched 4 episodes of Da Ali G Show and the Borat bits are my least favorites. Which isn't too bad, because I find Ali G much funnier than I thought I would and Bruno is hilarious as well.

Ali killed me when he had 'Respek' graffitteed on the wall behind him and he was talking about how it is disappearing in the world and he says, "They even took it out the dictionary."

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Dave F   03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I plan on seeing the movie soon no matter what, but I have to say that I've watched 4 episodes of Da Ali G Show and the Borat bits are my least favorites. Which isn't too bad, because I find Ali G much funnier than I thought I would and Bruno is hilarious as well.

Ali killed me when he had 'Respek' graffitteed on the wall behind him and he was talking about how it is disappearing in the world and he says, "They even took it out the dictionary."

Not sure what series you are getting, but the old Ali G episodes were hilarious.

After the Ali G film though he somehow lost his appeal. I never really enjoyed borat in the series. However I loved the film. I think the DVD is out now, I strongly recommend it

The artist formally known as Britfan
Scott Miller   03-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Britfan Wrote:Not sure what series you are getting, but the old Ali G episodes were hilarious.

I'm not sure either, I'm just recording them whenever there is what HBO considers a new episode on. I'd seen him in clips as Ali G and didn't think it was that funny, but the show has pleasantly surprised me. The Borat skits just don't work as well for me. Maybe it's because he's interacting with people who don't deserve his brand of skewering, unlike the people Ali interviews who deserve everything they get.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm not sure either, I'm just recording them whenever there is what HBO considers a new episode on. I'd seen him in clips as Ali G and didn't think it was that funny, but the show has pleasantly surprised me. The Borat skits just don't work as well for me. Maybe it's because he's interacting with people who don't deserve his brand of skewering, unlike the people Ali interviews who deserve everything they get.

If you watch the film, you'll never think of wrestling in the same way again. I guarantee it.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Maggers Wrote:If you watch the film, you'll never think of wrestling in the same way again. I guarantee it.

This is very true. Big Grin

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Maggers   03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Noelie Wrote:This is very true. Big Grin

Can you imagine if the movie ever came out in a scratch-'n-sniff version! :eek:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Maggers Wrote:Can you imagine if the movie ever came out in a scratch-'n-sniff version! :eek:

LOL!

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   05-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Today I saw Borat and I couldn't stop a laughing! It was VERY NICE! Big Grin

Borat on Japanese edition Newsweek
This post was last modified: 05-28-2007, 07:25 AM by Kenji.
Pages (3):    1 2 3