Pages (2): 1 2   
Sourdoughs   10-23-2006, 05:51 PM
In another thread I was asked how I got into FPW, and I figured this would be a good chance to introduce myself. I've lurked here (and the old site) for a bit but only recently started to post.

Back when I was about 12, I really got into horror, reading the typical King, Saul, Straub, etc. Browsing the horror section of my local library, I found a book with a cool cover - The Keep. Read it and absolutely loved it. A while later I found a similar looking cover and title - The Tomb. Hey, same author. Fantastic book, and loved the RJ character. For the next number of years I kept a lookout for that cover type at the library and browsed for FPW, only to find The Touch.

I went to college and was out of the FPW scene. After those years I came across The Tery, which opened up a huge new genre that I didn't know FPW did. That led to The LaNague Chronicles, and the Soft collection. It was about then that I started working on finding all his works. I've been gathering them for over 10 years now.

I'm not nearly the expert that many on this site are; I don't seem to have the memory for the details, so I don't make the connections. I love reading and re-reading the books, though, as well as reading the postings on this site.

So, FPW, keep 'em coming! If you're ever in the state of Washington, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to find out how to get down to San Diego one of these days.

-Marc Chapman (MarcC)
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:In another thread I was asked how I got into FPW, and I figured this would be a good chance to introduce myself. I've lurked here (and the old site) for a bit but only recently started to post.

Back when I was about 12, I really got into horror, reading the typical King, Saul, Straub, etc. Browsing the horror section of my local library, I found a book with a cool cover - The Keep. Read it and absolutely loved it. A while later I found a similar looking cover and title - The Tomb. Hey, same author. Fantastic book, and loved the RJ character. For the next number of years I kept a lookout for that cover type at the library and browsed for FPW, only to find The Touch.

I went to college and was out of the FPW scene. After those years I came across The Tery, which opened up a huge new genre that I didn't know FPW did. That led to The LaNague Chronicles, and the Soft collection. It was about then that I started working on finding all his works. I've been gathering them for over 10 years now.

I'm not nearly the expert that many on this site are; I don't seem to have the memory for the details, so I don't make the connections. I love reading and re-reading the books, though, as well as reading the postings on this site.

So, FPW, keep 'em coming! If you're ever in the state of Washington, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to find out how to get down to San Diego one of these days.

-Marc Chapman (MarcC)

Welcome aboard, Marc. But don't expect to see Paul in Washington anytime soon. Seems there was a little mix-up involving hard words in a taproom, a knife-fight, and some kind of bounty. I don't have all the details.
Sourdoughs   10-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Welcome aboard, Marc. But don't expect to see Paul in Washington anytime soon. Seems there was a little mix-up involving hard words in a taproom, a knife-fight, and some kind of bounty. I don't have all the details.

Hasn't the statute of limitations run out ... oh, wait, there isn't one for these situations. Damn! Well, I'm sure it's all settled down by now, and I promise I won't try and collect that bounty...
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:Hasn't the statute of limitations run out ... oh, wait, there isn't one for these situations. Damn! Well, I'm sure it's all settled down by now, and I promise I won't try and collect that bounty...

You'd be wise not to. Remember, Paul is an MD--trained in carving quivering human flesh. Scalpal, switchblade, straight razor--the man ain't fussy. And as they teach in medical school--DO NOT HESITATE! (Good advice in general, especially good advice in a fight.) Paul never has.
luthie2   10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:You'd be wise not to. Remember, Paul is an MD--trained in carving quivering human flesh. Scalpal, switchblade, straight razor--the man ain't fussy. And as they teach in medical school--DO NOT HESITATE! (Good advice in general, especially good advice in a fight.) Paul never has.

Welcome to the board, Sourdoughs.

-Luthie
Medusa   10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the family Marc! Oh wait, another Marc!
cobalt   10-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome MarcC. You are in great company, glad you finally started to post.

EWMAN
redheadmargo   10-23-2006, 08:31 PM
welcome from another newbie!!
Sourdoughs   10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

- MarcC (not to be confused with the well known MarcB)
Medusa   10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Well, at least I don't have that problem. I can almost guarantee there won't be another "Veronica" here. Yes, that is my real name.
Pages (2): 1 2