Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
cobalt   10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
furin Wrote:As we are on the topic of pronunciations.. I kind of have a question about how you think Rasalom should be pronounced. (Like I have said before.. I am a Rasalom fan girl... I'll probably talk about how cool he is or many references to him a lot. He oddly reminds me of a character I created before reading RJ. Well.... at least in evil/sadisticness as my baddie is a bit... erm... "eccentric).

I pronounce it "Rah-z(s)ah-lohm", but I am unsure if this would be correct.
I thought Rasalom's name was pronounced as Rassal.....um. As in you don't want to "mess" with him. Wink

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Might have to clear your ears with that one, maybe waxy build up lead you there....LOL!

Before she became an RN, she worked for British Columbia's leading surgeon of the middle ear.

The evil wizards name was "Ear Wax." Big Grin

I still chuckle over that one.

Ken V.
furin   10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I thought Rasalom's name was pronounced as Rassal.....um. As in you don't want to "mess" with him. Wink

Ha ha ha! I can see that "Hey Rassa-" *Rasalom gives his awesomely evil glare* ".....um..... *gulp"

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. Its about dealing with the consequences."
webby   10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
furin Wrote:As we are on the topic of pronunciations.. I kind of have a question about how you think Rasalom should be pronounced. (Like I have said before.. I am a Rasalom fan girl... I'll probably talk about how cool he is or many references to him a lot. He oddly reminds me of a character I created before reading RJ. Well.... at least in evil/sadisticness as my baddie is a bit... erm... "eccentric).

I pronounce it "Rah-z(s)ah-lohm", but I am unsure if this would be correct.

I've always pronounced it Ra-sah-lohm, mostly because of the aliases Sara Lom and Sal Roma. It seemed to me like just rearranging the syllables.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Oh boy! Have you got a treat to look forward to!

Ken V.
I agree! And you have to read The LaNague series. Some of the best story lines in print.

EWMAN
furin   10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
webby Wrote:I've always pronounced it Ra-sah-lohm, mostly because of the aliases Sara Lom and Sal Roma. It seemed to me like just rearranging the syllables.

That's more than likely where I got my idea of how to pronounce it, seeing as I read Conspiracies first. Hmmm.. and I never noticed the rearranging of the syllables. Only one I can think of that wouldn't apply (only slightly though) is Ms. Aralo, just because of the 'Ms.' part.

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. Its about dealing with the consequences."
webby   10-17-2006, 10:25 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I agree! And you have to read The LaNague series. Some of the best story lines in print.

I'm anxious to read them. I just had to slow down my online buying for a little while. But Christmas is coming and I know what I'm asking Santa for this year!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ken Valentine   10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
webby Wrote:I've always pronounced it Ra-sah-lohm, mostly because of the aliases Sara Lom and Sal Roma. It seemed to me like just rearranging the syllables.

Accent on the "RA." That's the way I think of it too.

Ken V.
furin   10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Accent on the "RA." That's the way I think of it too.

Ken V.

So you put more of an emphasis on the 'Ra' part?

Ken Valentine   10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
webby Wrote:I'm anxious to read them. I just had to slow down my online buying for a little while. But Christmas is coming and I know what I'm asking Santa for this year!

Christmas is coming. So you better start being good. Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6