Pages (2): 1 2   
Tony H   10-09-2006, 01:36 PM
I love skittles for this commercial alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRRRVbE4bc

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Maggers   10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for that, Tony. I've seen it on TV and it's classic. I particularly love the sound of the rabbit's falsetto.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

webby   10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Maggers Wrote:Thanks for that, Tony. I've seen it on TV and it's classic. I particularly love the sound of the rabbit's falsetto.

Thanks from me too! I had not seen it before but it's hilarious! Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Miller   10-09-2006, 03:34 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I love skittles for this commercial alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRRRVbE4bc

That is good, but my personal fave is that Cingular one where the mother and daughter are arguing, but are saying what every parent/child would love to hear from the opposite camp.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That is good, but my personal fave is that Cingular one where the mother and daughter are arguing, but are saying what every parent/child would love to hear from the opposite camp.
I love that one too.

I hate the Verizon one in which the woman makes her "network" hide from the guy. She says "Thanks for hiding. He never would have believed me." Hmm I wonder why .... because you're a LIAR!!!!

:p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I saw a great commercial last night. It was for Petco. A "weiner dog" has this long squeak toy that is beat up and dirty, kind of like what a little kid will drag around with them. This toy goes for walks, thru a doggie door, is played with and slept with. The doggie owner takes it from him while he is napping. She then brings him to Petco so he can get a new one. You see him dance with joy at receiving his new toy. The last scene is the owner buying the toy. Only the weiner dog will not put it down, so she has to scan the toy and the dog. Funny!

EWMAN
jimbow8   10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I saw a great commercial last night. It was for Petco. A "weiner dog" has this long squeak toy that is beat up and dirty, kind of like what a little kid will drag around with them. This toy goes for walks, thru a doggie door, is played with and slept with. The doggie owner takes it from him while he is napping. She then brings him to Petco so he can get a new one. You see him dance with joy at receiving his new toy. The last scene is the owner buying the toy. Only the weiner dog will not put it down, so she has to scan the toy and the dog. Funny!
That's adorable. I'll have to keep an eye open for that one.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, souls, I'm an old and broken-down fuckeroo, been around awhile, but I don't expect to live to see as fine a commercial as the prison Alka-Seltzer bit in the '60s. Anyone else remember it?
Weatherford   10-09-2006, 04:38 PM
My favorites are the Bud ads with the Clysdales... Of course, I don't have a TV, so I have only seen them online.... Wink
Maggers   10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I saw a great commercial last night. It was for Petco. A "weiner dog" has this long squeak toy that is beat up and dirty, kind of like what a little kid will drag around with them. This toy goes for walks, thru a doggie door, is played with and slept with. The doggie owner takes it from him while he is napping. She then brings him to Petco so he can get a new one. You see him dance with joy at receiving his new toy. The last scene is the owner buying the toy. Only the weiner dog will not put it down, so she has to scan the toy and the dog. Funny!

I love that commercial! Brings tears to my eyes. So cute.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2