Pages (2):    1 2
furin   10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
My whole thought was the ship, as stated with the paragraph 418, was more of the 'Tomb' that the title would be referring to. Not only was it the death of the Rakoshi (and Kusum) but also whatever was on that ship has ended the once 'normal' life of Repairman Jack.
webby   12-30-2006, 11:01 PM
This thread seems like a good place to post this - my son is reading The Tomb for the first time just now, about 50 pages into it so far. A few minutes ago...

He: So, when am I going to find out about the tomb?
Me: What?
He: The tomb in the title.
Me: Uh, didn't I tell you about that already?
He: Tell me what?
Me: Oh. Um, well, there is no tomb.
He: What?! Then why call it The Tomb if there isn't a tomb?

[Image: rofl.gif]

Yet another newbie tricked by that crazy title!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maggers   12-31-2006, 02:46 AM
webby Wrote:This thread seems like a good place to post this - my son is reading The Tomb for the first time just now, about 50 pages into it so far. A few minutes ago...

He: So, when am I going to find out about the tomb?
Me: What?
He: The tomb in the title.
Me: Uh, didn't I tell you about that already?
He: Tell me what?
Me: Oh. Um, well, there is no tomb.
He: What?! Then why call it The Tomb if there isn't a tomb?

[Image: rofl.gif]

Yet another newbie tricked by that crazy title!

SPOILER ALERT.........................for those who have not yet finished THE TOMB

I read THE TOMB when it was first published decades ago, and I was never concerned about the title. I've said this before somewhere on this board. I thought the tomb referenced the resting place of all but one of the rakoshi, after Westphalen turned them into crispy critters. Worked for me....

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-31-2006, 04:00 AM
Pretty much the same with me Maggers. The novel was so good that once I got into it, I never gave the title a thought.

Ken V.
Pages (2):    1 2